“Good staff, great breakfast, convenient”

Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #61 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Sacramento, CA
“Good staff, great breakfast, convenient”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice, once this week and another time a year ago....each for one night only. The property is midtown so a bit out of the River Street/Bay Street tourist fray which I chose purposefully. It is near a lot of restaurants, stores, etc so conveniently located and easy to reach off the main highways. Everyone I talked to on the staff was friendly & helpful. The breakfast offered had anything people could want....eggs, waffles, toast, cereal (hot & cold), potatoes, breakfast meat, yogurt, fruit, coffee, etc. It is served until 9:30 so you can't sleep in too much! (since I was on West Coast time this was tough for me) They had a little patio area and have a manager offering in the evenings but I wasn't there during any of those times so can't speak to what is served. I have stayed in rooms near a side road and towards White Bluff. Since I always pack earplugs when travelling I noticed no noise issues. I also stayed on the top floor which is always best so you have no one overhead. I never saw any type of bug so don't know what people were talking about there...,my room was very clean. I recommend this hotel when visiting Savannah!

Room Tip: Top floor...less noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The staff was very friendly and welcomed us even when we came in late. The room was quiet and we slept well. The breakfast staff asked each individual if they had enough and if they needed anything. We felt special. While not downtown we were very pleased with the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our first time staying at a hotel in Savannah. We can down to bring my cousin to College orientation. We stayed at this hotel for three nights. I was very impressed by the friendliness of all the staff that we encountered. I also liked the decor of the rooms. Our first night there, was not great because we were in a room next to White Bluff Rd and we could hear every car that went by. We told the front desk the next morning and they said that they would have us moved while we were out at orientation. The hot tub is great and very relaxing. The breakfast was really good and each morning they had a different variety of items to choose from. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that are on the interior of the hotel to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Check in on Friday night at about 8:30pm. Given room 217 and arrived to door to find room already occupied. Given alternate room on 3rd floor near highway. The road noise is crazy and I soon realized I would never be able to block this out so I went back and got my third and final room.

Stayed for two nights. Scents from other rooms cooking Hamburger Helper quickly permeated the halls and got into our room at about 11pm the 2nd night. We killed two bugs. One was big and gross and the other was little.

They updated the room but left the old cabinets. I get it but it brings the room down. The bathroom is tight. There's barely enough room to stand in there and dry yourself off. The tub is a tight concave. It's small, too. The TV's are terrible. They are flat screen but it's like watching stolen cable. The screen quality is really poor. It's like watching bunny ears on a tube tv. The voice is on a delay from the image which is crazy.

The breakfast was good. It was better than average for Residence Inn. The carpets were dirty in the room and throughout the place. The parking spots are tight but free. On one side of the hotel is a community college and a sketchy neighborhood and the other side is a nice shopping plaza with Publix and 5 Guys close by.

I wouldn't stay here again. It's dirty, smells, and the tv sucks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UofLtraveler
Carlos S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I just wanted to apologize about the problems you experienced during your stay. It is unacceptable to have move rooms like that during your stay. I'm sorry your issues werne't brought to my attention during your stay. We've had a quite a bit of rain recently and with the high volume of guest in and out we seen more carpet stains. We've increase the frequency of our carpet cleaning during this heavy rain period. Thank you for the feedback. I will share with my team. We strive to deliver the best possible guest experience each stay. We hope to see you back for a more positve experiance.

Thank you.
Atlanta
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is as good as a hotel as you can stay - it is all about service and they had. Just delightful folks at the front desk, the pool was clean and they provided towels, the rooms were perfect, the kitchen had the small touches, the breakfast was wonderful and the folks looking after us at the breakfast time were hospitable. The Internet desk was fast and best of all, the location was just minutes from everywhere.
Just one problem we had. The parking spaces are narrow and there are idiots who dont know how to park. I want to return to Savannah soon just so I can stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen S
North Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel was very quiet and just perfect for our extended stay. The courtyard had a nice size grill that we were able to cook meals on in the evening. The rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and informative. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Friendly staff and fairly clean. Rooms are nice with plenty of room and kitchenette.

Mattress was pretty hard and not very comfortable. Breakfast area was very crowded and not very big. No tables to eat at. Not much selection for breakfast.

Overall good hotel for the night, just don't expect a lot of frills.

• Stayed June 2013