“Very Exciting Business Vacation”

Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #63 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Exciting Business Vacation”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was visiting Savannah on business and brought my family to vacation. The customer service started before we checked in. Upon arriving at the hotel, me and my children were at the front desk getting directions to our room from Bianca. We were informed about the happy hour we had just missed. That's when Shemeka (sp) was coming through with some remaining items from the happy hour event. She had just finished putting things away and gladly went back into the dining area to prepare a plate for my son.
Our four day stay at this inn was the best that me and my family can remember in some time, inspite of the road noise. The customer service was excellent, from Sandra the assistant manager engaging conversations, Willie's exception knowledge of Savannah, Annette, Patricia's (both) and "Beau" friendly demeanor and attention to detail and Bianca's untiring smile were all welcoming experiences. This was evident by all of the satisfied faces of the tenants.
My wife and kids really enjoyed the indoor pool, my son especially enjoyed the use of the basketball court and we all took advantage of the fitness center. The patio area was very clean and the furnishings were very well appointed.
This is a testiment to what great customer service can do. We could have stayed at a "5-Star" high rate hotel in the downtown area, but there is no substitute for great customer service. I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and colleagues when visiting The Coastal Empire.
- Rick W., Atlanta, GA

Room Tip: Call ahead, check availability, and request your room in a pleasant and respectfull manner
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay clean, comfortable and friendly staff who were attentive and helpful. Convenient location and easy access. Bring the family!

• Stayed July 2011
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed her for 13 nights. My room was kept clean at all times. I appreciated that a lot since I am very busy working more thatn 12 hours per day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed for the Memorial Holiday Weekend. As you can imagine, the hote was pretty much all booked. We had a great suite with a little kitchen, a separate bedroom and a living room with a sofa bed. All five of us (small baby) fit nicely and felt comfortable. The room was comfortable and in great shape.
The front desk was always very kind to us and willing to assist us. The breakfast included hot eggs, potatoes, sausages and the usual fruits, yogurts, cereals and juices. It also had a waffle machine available. The dinning area was very busy in the morning (due to the holiday weekend date) but the employees were very efficient on refilling all the menu items promptly. Since,I spent most of the day outside traveling and enjoying the outdoors with my family, I did not enjoy the covered pool, although it looked very nice. At night, I enjoyed the interior patio, where I could seat with my wife and have a beer and unwind. It is a great place to spend a few days away from home. The area is centric to major malls, military base, attractions and accessible to major local avenues and highways.

1 Thank Jrf021
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I don't usually give reviews but this hotel was the best one we have booked in Savannah. The staff was pleasant and really displayed excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE.. which seems to be lost these days. Bianca was the first person that I met at the front desk and she seem to set the tone for the rest of our stay. When she called up to the room to ensure that everything was in order that was icing on the cake. Pat in the dining room was excellent as well and very helpful... We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it. We will be back

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Icount58
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Wonderful staff, very friendly and helpful. Everyone always had a nice smile.
The red roses on Mothers Day's added a nice touch to the celebration.
Thank you to Carlos and his staff!!!!

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Honestly, these rooms were some of the nicest I've stayed in over the last two years, and that includes 4* hotels. Our spacious studio suite had granite counters, new linens, a really awesome swiveling flat screen TV and a full kitchen. For our purposes, it doesn't get any better than this.

Service was also very good. The check-in staff was attentive and quick and they called after we got in our room. I received a rose before breakfast on Mothers Day, which was nice. We also enjoyed the indoor pool, hot tub and fitness room. And while I didn't get to enjoy the patio with the outdoor fireplace, it looked pretty cool.

Considering the reasonable Priceline rate I paid, this place was outstanding. It's not the Historic District, but it's not that far. And that's why it didn't cost more $$$. HIghly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms near the street may be noisier.