SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Relax Inn(Savannah)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewssavannah midtownindoor poolhistoric districtminute drivetybee islandcomplimentary breakfastvery nice hoteldowntown areabeds were very comfortabletrip to savannahsinkcerealpublixgm
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2006

Came to Savannah to spend the holidays with family and wanted some stretching out room and privacy. Needed a midtown location. This hotel is ranked #3 overall in Savannah and took a chance. It was not crowded during Christmas week at all. At most, 7 cars. I booked the King Bed room, AAA rate of $94 per night. This hotel, like many, no bellhop. Parking lot right outside front door. Carts waiting in the door to haul your luggage in if needed. Check in was a breeze. Three floors. One slow elevator. Coffee always available. Nice. Room was as nice as any Embassy Suite. Basically a hotel room made to look like a suite. Small divider between bed and sofa. Working area with small desk and chair. Microwave, mini fridge, Maxwell House coffee in room and FREE WIFI INTERNET. About 1.5MBPS. Absolutely heard no noise at night and I hear everything. The AC is one of those floor units so you hear that but I like white noise anyways. The breakfast wasn't bad. Cereal,pastries,bread,waffle maker,juices,coffee,yogurt,fruit and egg discs and sausage discs to make your version of an Egg McMuffin. Muffins also. Only complaint is that they are slow to replenish the egg discs and sausage so you may wait a bit but there's enough to satisfy your morning pangs. Got a small indoor pool and hot tub.
The big question: Would I stay again? Absolutely, when I come to visit family.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Cognac62
Reviewed October 29, 2006

We also booked this hotel after reading other user reviews on this website. The hotel is at a great location close to a myriad of restaurants and shops and is affordable. Check-in was prompt and hassle-free and the wireless internet was great!

My own problem with our stay had to do with the staff. During our stay all of the fire alarms in the hotel started to go off and eventually the fire department came to the hotel. The staff had no idea what was going on and provided no direction to the guests.

Also, our toilet would not flush. We called the desk several times and was told someone would be up shortly. However, when we checked out the toilet still was not fixed.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank intl_realist
Reviewed October 22, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for one night, Oct. 7th. I booked the room on the Marriott website and requested early check-in, but we didn't get it. They looked very busy, so I guess there were a lot of people staying here and our room wouldn't be ready until 2:30 PM. That was fine, because we went to the Crab Shack on Tybee Island to have dinner. When we returned our room was ready and my husband was very impressed. The room was clean except for a couple small things. There were some crumbs on the sofa, a small piece of knotted hair on the chair, what looked to be a spot of ketchup on the wall and some of the furniture wasn't dusted in some spots, including the top of the refrigerator. Most people wouldn't even notice these things, my husband didn't, but I'm very picky when it comes to cleaning. These things were easily overlooked by me and now comes the things I did like. The room was large and the carpet felt clean to walk on. I've stayed in some rooms where the carpet felt dirty and made your socks all black. I liked that there were no comforters on the beds, just a blanket runner across the bottom of the bed. I read that they don't wash the comforters as frequently as they do the other bedding, so it felt cleaner to me. This was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in a motel/hotel. I loved the thin, quilted down blanket on the bed and the pillows smelled fresh and were very comfortable. It was very quiet and the shower in the morning was great! We ate breakfast in the morning before we left. They had homemade oatmeal that was delicious and they had brown sugar and raisins to put on top. They also had biscuits and sawmill gravy which I couldn't pass up since I'm a country girl at heart. They also had make your own waffels, but I didn't have any. The hotel is about 15 minutes off of I-95, but very much worth the short drive. We loved it and plan on staying here again on our way to Florida, which we do each year.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank VictoryInJesus
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I never book a hotel stay without checking Trip Advisor reviews. However this is the second time I was disapointed by inaccurate reviews. We stayed here for 3 nights. The location was great. We were visiting our son who is stationed at Hunter Army Airfield. It was minutes away from the base & close to restaurants & shopping. The front desk staff was very pleasant. This hotel is about 10 years old and had some renovations, but not a total redo. Our room smelled musty & the bathroom & sink area were dirty. The bed was pretty comfy, but the bedside nightstands & sides of the headboard had mold growing on them. Last year when we visited we stayed in Pooler, Ga. which was about a 30 minute drive to the base, but there are several new hotels there. Next time I'll sacrafice drive time for cleanliness & amenities. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Milmom
Reviewed September 23, 2006

Based on reviews from other travelers, we stayed at Springhill Suites for one night. The hotel is convenient to get to, the grounds are beautiful, and check in and check out was very expedient.
We stayed in a king suite, loved the arrangement of the room. They furnished Maxwell House coffee, a good change from most hotel 's generic coffee for in room coffee.
We did not use the pool, but it looked clean. Also did not get to take advantage of the continental breakfast because we had to leave so early.
Hotel is right behind Logan's Roadhouse and also Olive Garden, which we ate at. Did not have to drive, very easy walking.
Would stay here again.