“Old property but room was clean. Get to breakfast early!”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #77 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
arlington, va
“Old property but room was clean. Get to breakfast early!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Old lobby, no automatic front doors, whole place needs remodeling, but the room was clean and OK for one night. They ran out of milk and other breakfast staples before 9am but we could see the breakfast guy was working very hard, so get up early!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your stay with us. We value feedback from our guest! I will pass this on to my team so that we can provide better service to each guest.

Leila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This Was a last minute trip and the only available hotel. It was spring break so the hotel was crowded. I didn't do breakfast because of previous reviews however the parking lot was packed and I had to park at another hotel next to us. The police was at our hotel for what? I don't know. I the room was clean and i enjoyed my one night. Maybe i will stay again during a less eventful time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us! I am not sure why the police were at our hotel as we have not had any issues, sometimes they like to stop by for free coffee which is fine by us! We hope to see you again soon!

Leila F.
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, the staff was friendly. We stayed as a family if 5 in one suite and they remembered the extra towels. The only downfall was the hot tub was closed. The pool smelled kinda funny too, we showered quickly to remove the smell. Overall good stay.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for your review! We greatly appreciate the feedback and hope that your find your way back to our hotel soon!!

Leila F
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is the first ever review I've written. I can take hard beds and loud teenagers running up and down halls at 2am but was fairly disappointed that money from my daughters wallet was stolen and the manager of the hotel had no apologies whatsoever. We had checked out of the hotel, called 2 hours later and was told the wallet was still there and that they would keep it in the managers safe. When we arrived to pick it back up, we were given the wallet but all of it's contents were gone. No "I'm sorry", no apology of any sort. I was told that "I was lucky to get the wallet back." Please think twice about staying at this hotel. The room was clean, etc. but being stolen from is no fun.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and bring this matter to my attention. I am the new General Manager of the Springhill suites and I will certainly be looking in to this. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please contact me at the hotel directly so that I can further speak to you regarding this matter. 912-920-3787. Thank you for your feedback.

Leila F.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2014

People were very nice. Room was comfy and clean. We had2 kids. There was a pull out couch tv swiveled so they could watch, we went to bed. Lots of restraunts in area, Harley store hidden on other side of interstate with hooters. Quite on 3rd floor

Room Tip: Never enough towels..ask
Mauldin, South Carolina
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We spent a night at Springhill Suites and loved it! The rooms are immaculate and the layout of the rooms are really nice. They offer warm cookies when you come in and the breakfast was really decent. They offered cheese, spinach and salsa for the eggs and different types off topping for the oatmeal. The only negative would be the hot tub. It wasn't hot. The staff was nice and very professional.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Warner Robins
Reviewed March 2, 2014

It took the young lady a while to come out of the back to check me in. She did not tell me where my room was located. I woke up at 2 am to teenagers running down the hall. I went to use the restroom but the toilet was clogged. I walked down to the front desk and no one was there. There was a group of teenage girls in pajamas on the floor and couch watching the tv show "The Game" in the lobby. They were loud and kept making comments about me, like "ohhh she look crazy", "should we call the cops." After 5 minutes the young man comes out of the back. While he is looking for the plunger a guy appears a young man shows up outside the front door. I am thankful that the door is locked because he appears to be drunk or high the way he is staring at me. One of the teenage girls walks over and lets him in. The desk clerk comes back and tells me that someone didn't return the plunger. I ask him if this happens often and he says yes. I tell him that I have to use the bathroom and he asks me if I have to do a 1 or 2. At this point I am pissed, I told him that I need a restroom now. He tells me to let him check the lobby bathrooms, the female toilet is clogged. I go in the male bathroom because the desk clerk looks at me like he is not sure what to do. All the while the teenagers in the front are getting louder. I go back to the front desk to give him my room number so someone can come fix the toilet in the morning, but he was not at the desk again. When he finally came out of the back he took my room number. I told him that the teenagers were out of control and letting random people in the doors. He said that their parents were not here and that he had no contact number. I told him that if we have to come down stairs for the bathroom we needed to feel safe. While making a sign to let everyone else know not to use the toilet my sister woke up. I walked her down to the lobby to use the restroom. The desk clerk was not at the desk again. There was a new guy in the lobby with the girls. The other guy was in the male bathroom. When he came out and my sister went in there was urine on the toilet and floor. On my way back to my room a teenage girl is eating ice in her hand from the ice machine. I called the front desk. I told him that this was unacceptable and that we needed a room with a working toilet because the lobby bathroom was un safe and trashed. A while later the desk clerk brings a key to another room and tells us that we can use the bathroom there. I tell him that the teenagers downstairs are not accounted for and trashing the hotel. I suggested that because he has decided not to contact the parents or authorities he should me liable for whatever they do. 30 minutes later the desk clerk knocks on the door with a plunger and fixes the toilet. I am so glad because I did not feel safe walking to another room with random teenagers roaming the hotel. I did not get a good nights sleep. Service was the poorest I have ever had. I will not stay here nor do I recommend anyone else. I hope management sees this review and does something about it because it was truly unacceptable.

3 Thank Shonna82
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. I have spoken with our Night Auditor about this evening and advised him how we should have properly handled the situation. I'm glad that he was able to unclog your toilet, even though it took some time to find the proper tools. As for the teenagers, they should have been excused to their rooms and I am sorry they made you feel uncomfortable. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.