“Dec 2013 Trip”

Ranked #78 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Naples
“Dec 2013 Trip”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Other than the breakfast fiasco the experience was great. That being said the breakfast experience was horrid. No plates, silverware, toaster that did not work, bacon but no eggs - thanks heaven there was Hardees close by.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here on our return from Florida, thinking to see more of Savannah than we did on our trip down, when we stayed at the Springhill Suites Savannah I-95. In this case, the living room area was smaller with less (comfortable) furniture, the bathroom was smaller with dated fixtures. The hotel itself was not as clean; there was a strong chemical aroma in our room. A loud party went on across the hall into the wee hours of morning. Breakfast was disappointing - the waffle maker was out of batter, the two trashcans were filled and overflowing, the floor was sticky with spilled juice, the tables weren't clean. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FrequentTraveler4446
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I would have given it 31/2 stars, but its not an option. Stopped here to break up drive back to Florida from Raleigh(and to take in Historic Savannah). Checked in late, seamlessly. Staff (Ajunay?) was very pleasant to deal with. Hotel seemed a bit older, could use a little sprucing. Welcome note on nightstand was a nice touch. Room/bathroom was a decent size. Our family of 4 were able to get a good night's rest. Blemish: pull out sofa was undressed and exposed reddish brown stains-we decided to close it asap and sleep 2 to a bed (2 doubles).All in all would not rule out returning. **please note: Hotel is located approx. 15 min from historic district, many food options in the vicinity to hotel, I-95 fairly close.**,stayed Veterans Day weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank historylover33
North Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I travel a lot. I try to stay with Marriott and their brands because no matter where I go, I know I will receive quality service and great staff. But this hotel went above and Beyond!!! Their staff was the nicest and went so many little extra miles it was incredible. In our room, we found a lovely little note from Nicole from housekeeping that said "Dear guest. Welcome to our hotel and to Savannah. I hope you have a wonderful stay and visit some of our places. Let me know if you need anything. Nicole." How nice!! Not necessary, not expected, but what a marvelous way to make us feel welcomed!!!!!! And there were little touches like this all over the hotel down to the front desk letting us have a guide book about Savannah. What a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Although the Midtown name made me think it was closer to historic downtown distance the drive was not bad; about 10 minutes. It is a little hard to get to if coming from downtown Arrived on Friday night, check in fast and the desk clerk was very friendly. The hotel is located behind an Olive Garden. To the right is Logans and several restaurants are within walking distance. When I say behind Olive Garden, literally we could walk out the hotel lobby and across the driveway to the restaurant! Beds were comfortable, room was clean, there was a microwave and refrigerator in room overall this was a nice visit.The breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed here for the last 3 years attending a career fair. I always use Egencia Corporate and when I checked in the clerk asked how I would be paying and I explained this was a corporate account and it should be billed to the card on file. I asked if she needed me to contact my accounting department and she said, no we are going to get you checked in and not worry about it. I explained I was concerned because I did not want to use my personal funds to pay for the business trip as it is a hassle getting reimbursed. The room was clean. The hallway carpet was dirty. It is time to do some room updates. When I checked out, I reviewed my bill and it was billed to the corporate AMEX with a note authorization on file. I was pleased with the customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Carolina, Puerto Rico
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The room I had had more space in the living room area than the sleeping area. the sleepina area was crammed and hard to move around. The window was stained on the outside. Room was clean and well serviced. Indoor swimming pool and spa were closed. TV was hard to watch because was placed in front of the partition for both the living and bed area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business