“Dirty Room, Management Never Cleaned Properly”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #72 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location was about a 10 minute drive to the historic district and had plenty of restaurants in the area to walk or drive to and was between Savannah's 2 malls. That is pretty all I can say that was good with this hotel. We spoke to the manager and told him that the toilet was not clean, but it never was cleaned and we left the hotel 1 day early since we just did not like the cleanliness. In addition, the pool was very small, never had towels. The exercise room was also very small and never had towels and never met our workout needs. The pool was just too small and cold to use. The whirlpool worked, but it was very small. The breakfast is included with your room, but don't expect much. It is sparse and it really didn't have very much choice. Standard egg patties and sausage...it did have make your own waffle with 2 machines. Eh, OK, no real complaints, just lacked choice and did not change between the 2 days we were there, we were just so disappointed compared to other hotels we had stayed at in the area. We left the hotel 1 day early due to the fact that after telling the manager, Howie, our bathroom was never cleaned properly and I will leave it with that, very disgusting. The sofa bed hurt my nephew's back and the room had an odor. In addition, the wall unit air conditioner did not use a thermostat and was so loud and right next to a bed. I kept trying to cool the room, but could not effectively cool the room down for a few hours after arrival. The temp. throughout the room was also hugely different, but the desk area was hot since the wall unit never really cooled the whole room. In addition, I never had a good night's sleep with the clunky and loud air conditioner within 6 inches of my bed...way too loud! Overall, many other choices in the area and you can do much better and nothing really special...I tried to use the business center computer next to the desk and the printer had no paper. Hotel really needs someone to periodically walk around and replenish supplies like towels. Also, to inspect rooms periodically for cleanliness, especially the bathrooms. I expect better from a Marriott chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear emseiss,

I certainly thank you for taking the time to write your review. I can assure you that the property is walked at least twice daily. I wish the pool and fitness room were a little larger as well. In response to bathroom cleanliness I did speak with our housekeeping manager about the issues you reported, if they were not resolved, I was not aware. I immediatley would have made sure they were if known. The breakfast is totally what is typical for SpringHill Suites, on a positive note we are getting ready to redo our breakfast, all SpringHill Suites will be changing the breakfast by July 1st. I am sorry for the air conditioning discomfort, all of our rooms are equipped with the same units. We do value your opinion and will certainly use your comments for improvement moving forward. I thank you for you staying with us and wish you coninued safe travels.

Howard L. Loggins

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great location, convenient to everything. The staff is very accommodating and the rooms are simply but nicely appointed. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bed exceeded my expectations. I was impressed with the mattress and the pillows and got a great night's sleep here. Since this is one of the most important elements for me when choosing a hotel, I will book here again! Breakfast was a big hit, with plenty of choices and something for everyone.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The room appeared to be clean but upon further inspection, two areas were a concern: The bathroom and the sofa-sleeper.The bathroom soap shelf had black mold in the cracks, very evident against a white tile surround. The sofa sleeper mattress also had some gray/black spots, the side mattress was ripped and there were no sheets. The Management team did provide different accommodation to help rectify the situation. Good recovery!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for our girls all star basketball game. The rooms were very comfortable and very clean and recently updated. The staff was exceptional and everything was always smooth and professional. The breakfasts were good and very well administered. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dtsclark
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is in a good location -- close to restaurants, shops, etc. The staff was very pleasant and professional. Althought this hotel was Inexpensive, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However this hotel is in much need of a redo. Breakfast is typical for Springhill chain. Lots of choices.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald G
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I are seniors and highschool and we stopped in savannah for a night on our way home from florida. The first hotel we tried to stay at wouldnt let us check in because we were under 21. The Springhill suites however let us check in and they were cheaper. Our room was spacious with nice furniture and layout. I think the room was designed well in the given space. Any time we saw a staff member they were very friendly. They had computers in the lobby with a printer, a big sitting area with tvs and decent breakfast spread. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kati1229
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I went to Savannah, Georgia for a weekend getaway. He booked Springhill Suites Savannah Midtown for our second night’s stay on priceline.com and got a great deal.

What can I say about our unfortunately brief stay in this hotel suite except we loved it! Our room was comfortable and cozy – the way a romantic retreat should be. The bed was cushiony and made for a restful night’s sleep. The sink was separate from the shower area, which allowed us to get ready at the same time in the morning.

The staff was nice, but what was even more welcoming was how polite and friendly the other guests were.

The hotel is in good proximity to I-95, the Riverfront, and other tourist attractions without being in the hustle and bustle of downtown Savannah.

The breakfast buffet area is quite expansive enabling a modest crowd to maneuver in and out of line. It was one of the best we have had – bananas, apples, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, waffles, cold cereal, coffee cakes, bagels, English muffins, juice, coffee, tea, and milk. We were thoroughly satisfied with the selection.

We are definitely keeping this hotel on our radar for our next visit to Savannah.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple