Location was about a 10 minute drive to the historic district and had plenty of restaurants in the area to walk or drive to and was between Savannah's 2 malls. That is pretty all I can say that was good with this hotel. We spoke to the manager and told him that the toilet was not clean, but it never was cleaned and we left the hotel 1 day early since we just did not like the cleanliness. In addition, the pool was very small, never had towels. The exercise room was also very small and never had towels and never met our workout needs. The pool was just too small and cold to use. The whirlpool worked, but it was very small. The breakfast is included with your room, but don't expect much. It is sparse and it really didn't have very much choice. Standard egg patties and sausage...it did have make your own waffle with 2 machines. Eh, OK, no real complaints, just lacked choice and did not change between the 2 days we were there, we were just so disappointed compared to other hotels we had stayed at in the area. We left the hotel 1 day early due to the fact that after telling the manager, Howie, our bathroom was never cleaned properly and I will leave it with that, very disgusting. The sofa bed hurt my nephew's back and the room had an odor. In addition, the wall unit air conditioner did not use a thermostat and was so loud and right next to a bed. I kept trying to cool the room, but could not effectively cool the room down for a few hours after arrival. The temp. throughout the room was also hugely different, but the desk area was hot since the wall unit never really cooled the whole room. In addition, I never had a good night's sleep with the clunky and loud air conditioner within 6 inches of my bed...way too loud! Overall, many other choices in the area and you can do much better and nothing really special...I tried to use the business center computer next to the desk and the printer had no paper. Hotel really needs someone to periodically walk around and replenish supplies like towels. Also, to inspect rooms periodically for cleanliness, especially the bathrooms. I expect better from a Marriott chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residing directly off of Abercorn Street, the hotel is conveniently located to many well-known establishments in Savannah - Girl Scout First Headquarters, Armstrong Atlantic State University, Savannah College of Art & Design, St. Joseph's and Candler Hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Savannah Midtown Hotel Savannah
- Springhill Suites Savannah
- Savannah Springhill Suites