“HORRIBLE STAY”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #73 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 2, 2013

When i arrived and checked in the young lady was very friendly. When i got my room it was freezing cold. i checked the bathroom and it was very nasty, i wouldnt wash my dog in the tub. The sheeets were stained. The walls had spots on them. The room smelled off mold.The carpet need cleaning. Everything about the hotel was out dated which is not normal for a Marriott property. I called the front desk to see if i could move to another room the young lady apologized and said there wasnt another room available. When i checked out I informed the guest service manager about the room and she proceed to yell at me about how old the hotel is. I was very apalled and didnt apprieciate the way she was speaking to me and her tone of voice.I told her it would be nice if i could speak to someone else because she was very rude.She goes on to say their is no one for me to speak with but her and that she would like it if i would leave the property while using foul language. I gladly left and never will i come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TiffanyB792
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear TiffanyB,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We leave the air set in all rooms at 72 F and that is to maintain rooms at a controllable temperature for guest that are arriving. We are an older SpringHill Suites and are in line to be renovated the latter part of this year. In regards to the Guest Service Manager I have always observed her to be nothing less than professional. The front desk is on a video camera and I will review past dates and see if I can observe anything other than that. I can assure you that we will follow up on your issues mentioned and use them to improve for the future. We wish you safe travels.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The staff was friendly, the rooms were small for what they normally charge but not too shabby for what we paid. We had a king suite that had a nice sitting room with a small kitchen and desk area to the left of the sitting room. There was a small wall dividing the sitting room from the bed "room" (wouldn't call it a room just because it wasn't completely closed off) that was enough to give the entire room an open feeling but still give the bed area some privacy. The bathroom was past the bed on the left so it was completely out of the way of the room. Across from the bathroom was a vanity area perfect for doing your hair and what not. Because of the lay out nothing felt too cramped or anything like that. The AC/heater worked great. The beds were AWWWEEEESOME! I wanted to take one home with me! They were doing renovations but that did not interfere with our stay (and I have to say they are working really fast). The only complaint I have is there was only one elevator and three floors and it would take forever to get the elevator to stop. I ended up using the stairs usually just because it was faster. The free breakfast was a real breakfast, not just bagels and cereal. I mean biscuits and gravy, you could make your own waffles, that kind of stuff. And they were constantly putting out fresh food all the way up until 10am when they stopped serving. But they didn't throw the food away or stop breakfast, they let the guests finish up what was left. It was a nice stay. A bit far from the history district where we really wanted to be but it was worth it for the price.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on the first floor just because the elevator is so slow.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room was clean. The linens were crisp and white. The bed was comfortable, I slept well. The sofa was clean and a pretty blue color. Flat screen tv. Bathroom was also very clean. I travel with sanitizing wipes and swiped the tubs and sink and no dirt was found. I can see the ongoing renovations which will only make this location better. The limited view was not a bother . Nice to have two restaurants close to hotel. Lobby was a little dated but I am sure will be upgraded during renovations. Close to mall and many other restaurants.

1  Thank linda1999
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed with our girl scout troop and had a terrible experience with other guests. Two rugby teams from Atlanta partied in the hallways all night long, yelling, screaming, and drinking two nights in a row. The hotel does not have security but finally did call the police at 3:30am on Sunday morning. At least one hungover rugby player was sleeping in the lobby later that morning while we were eating breakfast. . Management should have asked them to leave after the first night but did not. Our bill was credited 30% in compensation, but we would have preferred to sleep.

2  Thank THWilkinson
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear THWilkinson,
We thank you for your comments and certainly are sorry to hear that the other guests created a disturbance. We took steps to get the guest to quieten down and eventually had to notify the Police. We always do our best to provide a calm and relaxing envronment for all of our guests, Please know your concerns were addressed and again please know that this is not the norm and it was dealt with in a way that was appropriate for all parties. We hope you will visit us again if in the area.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stay at this property about once a month and am generally happy with it due to the proximity to my work location. The property reminds me of a Fairfield Inn more than a Springhill, that being a little older and worn. Last time I was to stay they had a mishap with the fire sprinklers and had to move me to the TownPlace Suites next door. They were so proud they could move me there and honor the same rate. I ended up canceling and going somewhere else. While they were proud of maintaining the same rate, the fact is that hotel is less on a nightly basis to begin with, the breakfast is grab and go vs. hot meal, the pool is outside an unusable in February, and they award 1/2 the Marriott Reward points - not exactly a enticing prospect for the inconvenience and insulting to a repeat customer. In addition, had I known far enough in advance, I could have stayed at another Marriott property in the area but by the time I arrived to find out the details of the bargain they were giving me, the other properties were sold out. As such, I missed out on the point opportunity and had to stay at a HIE in the area that, while nicer than the TownPlace, was not nice for HIE.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear James L.

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments. I offer my apology for the necessity of relocating your reservation. We attempted to keep guest close in this area. The building did have significant water damage in an area confined primarily to the front desk and back office area. We are slated to undergo renovations later this year and I believe you will be pleased with the changes that are coming. We thank you for staying with us and hope you will return when in the area.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was one of my most enjoyable stay while in Savannah. The hotel was clean, people was very nice and helpful, food was good. It was a little noisy but to be expected due to children being there, but overall it was very nice. The bathroom was roomy and bed slept very well. Location were great next to restaurants and Publix. On my next visit i plan on staying at Springhill Suites by Marriott Savannah Midtown.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This reminds me of why I didn't like Springhill Suites in the past. According to the manager comments in other reviews, this one was built in 99 and it shows as it does not look like it has been renovated since then - one of the manager responses was that it was hopefully going to be renovated in 2012 (it wasn't) and a more recent response in 2013 says the same thing. Even if it is renovated, be prepared for thin, noisy walls. I could hear everything going on in the room next door. Overall, reminds me of the importance of taking a few minutes to review Tripadvisor for every stay (which I didn't for time).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear JK Texas,

I thank you for your comments. I did mention we were to be renovated in 2012 and we are slated to be renovated in latter 2013. We are in that cycle, I understand the interior renovation is quite extensive on a building built at the time ours was and that additional sound proofing/insulation could very well address your concerns. In any event our staff stands ready to help you enjoy your stay and we thank you for staying with us. Happy and safe travels to you!