“Welcome to Savannah”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #72 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great hotel. Rooms are very spacious & comfortable. They provide a self serve full breakfast. Rates are very reasonable. About a 10 minute drive to the downtown historic district. Make sure you call ahead to ensure that they have rooms available. They are very popular. You really can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Let them know that you have AAA, AARP, Military or whatever you qualify for.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family of 4 (myself included) stayed in a room with 2 beds for 1 night in July. Check-in was quick and easy and staff was extremely professional and very pleasant. We were welcomed by the Manager (I think). This gave me a good feeling before even seeing the room. The room was a little dim but we never did open the curtains - that might have helped. There was a separate living space with a microwave, sink, refrigerator, large desk and chair, couch, big chair and coffee table. There was also a mirror and sink area separate from the toilette, bath area which was great. The bathing/toilette room was very clean and spacious and there were enough hand and bath towels for the 4 of us. The beds were comfy as well. They had a small pool but we never used it. We did not eat breakfast there either so can't comment on that. Lot's of fast food restaurants in the area and Tybee Beach was about 30 minutes away. If in the area, I would stay there again - maybe for a long weekend.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Midtown Springhill Suites this past weekend and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Bryanna who worked at the front desk had a beautiful attitude and greeted us with a smile upon our arrival. Once we were in our room we found it to be clean and it had the necessary amenities to make our stay comfortable. There was even a welcome note left on our bedside table from Tomika, a staff member.

The location of this specific hotel was wonderful since we could walk to a plethora of restaurants and it was close to Malls and Shopping Centers. It was easy to get to River Street in downtown Savannah, to Tybee Island and to reach I95 S to go to Saint Simons Island. The only drawback to the location right now is the road work in progress but the other amenities are so great we were able to overlook this. Out of all the areas we have stayed at during previous trips to Savannah, this was the absolute best value for the money.

If you are looking for a great breakfast buffet you wil lnot find that here but what you will get is passable hot food with a simple selection for adults as well as children. I would suggest the Hotel staff leave the food out until at least 5 mins before 10a since breakfast is not over until 10am. Nothing would be more aggravating than to come down 15 mins to 10 and find everything is cleared out not because it was all eaten but someone was trying to get ahead as witnessed his morning.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floor and to be away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I've lived in Savannah, so I know humidity. The room was dank and smelled funny. The airconditioner was old. We were either too cold or sweating. You could feel the moisture in the sheets. The moisture made it difficult to sleep.

The housekeepers did a decent job of putting lipstick on a pig. The room was clean for the most part. The rooms are sorely in need of updates.

The price was better compared to downtown savannah. But for the price at this hotel, I expected alot more. We should have paid the extra $50 or so and stayed downtown. The rooms were kind of gross.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank travelturtle4
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear travelturtle4,

I would like to thank you for yur comments about your recent stay. I understand about the humidity, we have had heat indexes well over 105 degrees for the past few weeks. We do have a unit that removes moisture from the building and we check the building humidity twice daily and it usually is around 48% to 51%. In any event we are sorry to hear that you were not comfortable. We are one of the older SpringHill Suites and we are looking forward to an upgrade/renovation soon. If there was an issue with your air unit we would have immediately remedied that for you. I do hope that we could have an opportuntuy to take care of you again as we do strive to provide a "home away from Home" to all of our guests. I do apologize for you have a less than great experience and hope you will consider us again when in the area.

Warmest regards,
Howard Loggins

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I needed a room last minute on a Saturday night and got the last room this hotel had available. The room was fine, it served my needs.

The only complaint I had was that the sheets kept coming off the mattress all night long, as if they were a size too small for the bed. Every time that happened I woke up and re-made the bed.

Noise travels from the adjoining room as do smells. Our adjoining room decided to make food at midnight and we had just gone to bed. Our room smelled the rest of the night.

We stay at Marriots all the time, this one was about average. Could use some updating and deep cleaning plus some new sheets.

Breakfast was really good, however and included in the rate. We enjoyed the freshly made waffles.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hotel was in a nice area, although it was very clean i feel like the rooms were small for the price, but everything else made up for that. Staff was very nice and attentive. The hotel had a full complimentary breakfast each morning. The lady who tended the breakfast buffet was awesome. I felt like i was at my mothers house. She was a sweet heart. She had the best spirit about her. I had to go back to the kitchen before we left to give her a hug and tell her she was the cherry on top for the hotel. Hotel was located in a very nice area, every eating place that you can imagine from burgers to sushi. 2 nice malls, outlet stores,movie theatre, skating rinks, entertainment for kids,adult entertainment etc. we were only about 20 mins from Tybee Island. I looooove tybee island. Good family oriented beach, not a party beach.
We can not wait to go back.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed here because I love the Marriot chain and it's location outside of downtown Savannah makes it cheaper than staying downtown. We had no problems whatsoever with anything at this hotel. We checked in late at night and had no problems with that. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. The morning breakfast was fine as well. I'm not sure what people expect when they stay at a Springhill Suites - it's not the Ritz so it shouldn't be compared with one. Next time we come to Savannah, we're definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends