“Great stay for a night on a road trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #33 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Florida
“Great stay for a night on a road trip”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed in this hotel one night on our way from Florida to and decided to stay there on the way back. Very convenient location, if you want just spend a night on a road. Close to I-95, but barely any noise. Few restaurants just a walk away. Clean, spacious rooms. We had suite, a very big room. Clean, everything on a right place. Small refrigerator, microwave. Separate bathroom and sink area, great for large families. Second sink in kitchen area. There are comfortable beds and sofa. FREE breakfast for any taste, another convenient detail for the road trip.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC
Reviewed January 9, 2010

We selected this hotel at the last minute and were pleasantly surprised by its pleasant, efficient layout and services. The free hot breakfast was a highlight in the well-maintained dining area. It is a little hard to find, given that it is one of two dozen hotels and restaurants just off the Interstate. (A staff member at the property gave us bad directions, too, so we made wrong turns just from that standpoint.)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed October 12, 2009

On the road it is always gamble. This Hampton is not a gamble it is clean and comforable. Great beds.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Stayed here a year ago, and not much has changed. Front desk clerks could use additional training in courtesy and job knowledge. Told us there were no interconnecting rooms, which is not true. The hotel does feature interconnecting rooms. Clerks do not make eye contact and act like they are doing you a favor. Shower heads have not been updated to new Hampton standards. On the positive side, the rooms are very clean and well stocked. Wireless internet works perfectly. Breakfast was great, a large selection, presented nicely. Love the very large breakfast room, no problem finding a table. Fox News is featured on the lobby TV, versus the liberal spew from CNN. The indoor pool is immaculately clean, beautiful. Adequate pool towels are provided, as well as bottled drinking water. Plenty of secure parking available. Several nearby restaurants within walking distance. The grounds are attractive and clean. Very convenient to I-95. Easy rapid check out, bill provided under your door. If only management would train the staff in Hilton courtesy standards, this hotel would rate an outstanding.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Hampton Inn's rarely disappoint. This Hampton Inn is just what you would expect from this fantastic chain. This property sits right off of I 95 just south of Savannah making it a perfect spot to spend the evening while traveling. It is situated among other hotels, gas stations and restaurants designed for the I 95 traveler. It is very convenience on and off the interstate. I had reserved two room; one for my wife and daughter and one for my son and his family with the express instructions that I be charged for both rooms. He arrived first and was required to leave a credit card. They made an error at check out and charged his card. That was the only issue. The rooms are average with a CRT TV (LCD HD upgrade would be nice), very comfortable beds and free internet. The rooms were very clean and were supplied with a number of towels. Breakfast the next morning was ok, about what you would expect. The staff was very pleasant during reservations, check in and check out. I would recommend this property for a quick over night stay........................and maybe even a little longer.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2009

On a recent stay in the Savannah Ga area, I stayed at this Hampton location. Here is the thing, The Hampton chain is a higher priced hotel than many hotel chains. They have larger rooms, and are always clean.But, for me ( at this location ) its not something that is necessary.
Sure I like a clean room ALWAYS , the location of this Hampton is what makes it not necessary . It is located very close to I-95 a major interstate that travels Florida . This exit could also be used to travel to Savannah which is I guess is a 20 or so minute drive clearly my point...
Nearly every other chain Hotel at this exit which there are about 5 or more well, the price is half what the Hampton is or less than half! Now your thinking but, the rooms are "Better Quality" I would have to say check out my recent stay to the area you might be very surprised !
So what would bring you to this exit ? Well, it could be a stop over while you continue to drive South( a one night stay) it could be that you are visiting The Beautiful City of Savannah remember it is 20 to 30 minutes there one way, or it could be business related very close to the Hotel or visiting family or friends that live close to the Hotel .
So most of my points would be why stay here? If you came to see Savannah you could find a place much closer therefore saving driving time and you would pay the same . If it was a one night stay, there are plenty of " other" Hotels at this exit half the price that are clean and comfortable . I guess in some cases if it was business related then it would be on a company tab so it may not matter to you.
Its your money your vacation time !

Also make sure that you join The Polar Bear Club before you get in the " Very nice indoor Pool" its freezing cold ! Seems to me that if I was a Company and paid the money to have a indoor pool built it would be heated!

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jleetw1
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Everything in this hotel was Very Good. Clerk at check-in was friendly and recognized us a phone call earlier in the day. Room was on an upper floor right next to the elevator, which made us a little nervous for noise, but there was no issue with noise whatsoever. I couldn't detect the hotels wireless network, but picked up other unsecured networks, so Internet wasn't an issue and I never asked. One thing that is nice is the wall-mount temperature control, which gives more control over the air in the room. Wide range of channels, but a couple channels with the highest numbers wouldn't work. Didn't need those stations and never asked about it.

Breakfast was great. We got down there around 9:40, it ends at 10, and everything was still out and at the appropriate temperature. Best part about the breakfast was having Fox News on the lobby TV. Usually it is weather or some liberal spew in other hotels.

Overall: 5 out of 5 stars. If it wasn't for Fox News in the morning, it would have been a 4. Otherwise there was no 'exceptional service' provided to boost the rating.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family