WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #36 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
St. Catharines, Canada
“First stay at a Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my first stay ever at a Hampton Inn (usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns), but will definitely add this hotel to my list of places to stay when I drive south. Bone-tired after a 14-hour drive, I arrived at 10:30 PM to be greeted by a wonderful young man (didn't get his name). It was literally a 30-second check-in. Walked in, the gentleman asked me for my name then handed me the room key and provided brief directions to the elevators and room. Now that is service. The room was wonderful, clean and inviting. Love the little Post-It note on the headboard letting me know the bed linens were freshly laundered for me. Okay, so everyone gets a little note, but it still made me feel special. ;) Had a wonderful sleep. Breakfast was really good (especially the coffee!). Almost think the coffee tasted better than Tim Hortons. You'll have to be Canadian to appreciate the Timmies comment. ;) Great selection of food -- something that caters to everyone. Was able to have my usual toasted sesame seed bagel with plain cream cheese. Ms. Reese (one of the breakfast servers -- I think that was her name) was lovely. Thanks for a great stay!!! Am always on the lookout for clean hotels. Keep up the great service! Will definitely recommend your hotel. Cheers!

Room Tip: Try the coffee!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank You for such a wonderful review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the employees you encountered. Hampton Inn & Suites has some of the very best hotels in the world and we are very proud to be a part of them. Over the last few years, Hampton Inn & Suites made a commitment to become the best and we believe they have. Thank you for allowing us to serve you while in Savannah. We will look forward to seeing you again.

Trisha Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night check in only took 2 minutes, our room was very clean and breakfast in the morning had a big selection! Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. It was only a 15 minute drive to downtown historic savannah. Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank dooney78
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice quite hotel. Staff was wonderful when checking in and when checking out. Nice large rooms, had a king size bed and the room size was great. Will definately stay here again when coming back down to Hunter.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, April 23, 2013

Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My Thanks to Trisha and all her staff for making my tour group(P J Tours) stay a very pleasant
experience.The hotel was exceptionally clean from the guest rooms to the lobby, the beds were as advertised,very clean and comfortable!!! One of the best HAMPTONS I have ever used.
Thanks
Pat
P J Tours

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank easydriver251
Dear Hampton Guest ,

Mount Airy, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great hotel in so many ways.
Quiet, clean, updated rooms. Staff very personable and friendly (especially the ladies at the breakfast buffet). Front desk people were always cordial and helpful with all requests and questions. Would certainly stay here again and would recommend with out any hesitation.
Close to everything...a couple of great seafood restaturants (Loves and the Shell House) are nearby.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the property met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the future!

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Book early as this is a popular hotel. I doubt if you will find an available room without a reservation. You can call the hotel directly or through Hilton.com. The Hampton is close I-95 with lots of good places to eat along the I-95 exit.. Hampton Inns seem to be pretty much the same layout so you can always count on the rooms, pool, restaurant, etc. You may be able to book and east room for sunrise, or west for the sunset, etc, but with AC the rooms are the same. Be sure to give your AAA number for better savings with Hilton.com, but the rooms are reasonable for the quality. The in-room AC units are noisy as in all hotels are hard to regulate, so no win here. Central AC is the best if you want to look around for that.

Room Tip: Lots of hotels along I-95, but stay with the big hotel chains for the best rooms. Nice if you are o...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Right off 95. Clean and restfull. Everything you need on long trip north or south! Has fitness room and Pool. Great breakfast to get you ready for the trip. Recommend this Hotel to travelers and as a added bonus...there are just about... all the main restaurants with in walking distance.