“My home away from home”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #38 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been staying here for the many weeks for business and from the Director of Sales Hattie Gettis to the front desk with Katrina, Michele, Teresa & Garrison they have all made me feel very welcome. the service from upon check-in through to checkout is great!!! Hattie made sure that even though they were completely sold out for 3 weeks at the beginning of my stay, Hattie made sure I had rooms blocked for myself and my colleague's that came into town to work with us... The lobby and entrance is very nice and the breakfast is very accommodating with a good variety... The rooms are very clean & comfortable however, I would like to see trash bags in the small trash cans. I stay in a variety of different rooms and some have manual air conditioners and some have the wall thermostats. Would like to see all the rooms using the thermostats since they are in each room anyway. The one thing I would like to see in the suites is the same ergonomic desks in them that the regular rooms have. The chairs are too low to the desk & I have to sit on a pillow to use my computer.. The location is convenient to I-95 and Hwy 17 with some good options to have dinner within walking distance if your not in the mood to drive into town... Also the lap pool, Jacuzzi & workout room is nice and enough to get some exercise... Overall a nice experience as this is my first time staying in a Hampton Inn & Suites...

Room Tip: Corner suites are a big plus
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pt10956

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 4-13-12 and we disappointed in the room and the service we received. Upon arrival, the hotel lobby is very nice and the check-in was quick. We entered the room and went to the bathroom , where there was something on the floor and it was slippery. I went to lay on the bed and the duvet cover was all lumpy and uncomfortable. We had a room with a whirlpool tub and decided to use it before we went out to dinner. A few minutes after entering the tub we received a call from the front desk asking us to stop using the tub stating the room below us had water coming into it from our tub. They stated that maintenance would have to come and check out the issue. When we came back from dinner, we inquired at the front desk if the issue was taken care of, and he pretty much told me that I filled the tub too full , which I didn't, and that was the problem. Needless to say, that upset me, so my husband went back down to talk to the desk person again. The maintenance person never went to our room but when the front desk person called him he told us to use the tub. I got home and called the Hampton Inn website to report the service issues and their manager has called me back, and apologized but never offered any refund or comp room. I had to ask her to replace the room. I thought Hampton Inn offered a 100% satifsfaction guarantee?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth J
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We just checked out of this hotel and I really don't think it lived up to the Hampton brand.

First, the positives- the proximity to Rt 95 and Savannah was perfect. We were able to jump on and off 95 easily and made it into downtown Savannah for dinner and a carriage tour in 20 minutes.

Now for the drawbacks We paid $150 for a king suite with pullout sofa, which is on the high side for the brand. When the pullout was open, it was impossible to pass to the opposite side of the desk without literally climbing in top of the bed. When our kids were asleep, it became impossible for one of us to leave the room or reach the area where the refrigerator and microwave were located, along with some of our bags. It also made me uncomfortable because it was clearly a fire hazard. In addition to the poor room set up, the shower had several mildew spots and poor water pressure.

We also found this hotel lacking on the service. We had asked for a rollaway bed when we made the reservation. Upon check in, we realized that it wasn't there and called down to the desk. They promised to try to locate one and deliver it to the room. After an evening in Savannah, we returned to find that the bed was not delivered. If there were none available, we would have appreciated a message. In the morning, we called down to the desk for another bath towel and additional shampoo/ conditioner. We were told we needed to come down to get it. Maybe I'm being picky, but I would have appreciated the effort in bringing the items to us.
Overall, the cleanliness and service were lacking. I would choose the I-95 Savannah Port Wentworth for future trips as we've had better luck at that property.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank happymomx3
Reviewed April 2, 2012

As a Hilton rewards member I expect the Hampton Inn to be very clean and comfortable.
Our 5th floor room was not up to par. The closet door handle was broken, the chair arm was broken, and the table lamp did not work (switch missing). The bathroom was not very clean upon arrival, there was mildew in the shower and the toilet was not cleaned thoroughly. We stayed two nights in a double queen studio suite. I reported the problems, but no appologies were given. There were different front desk people and breakfast staff both mornings. The sheets and towels were clean. However, the comforters were very lumpy and mishaped (from being laundered) and needed replacing. Upon arrival I thought somthing was wrong with the beds or perhaps it was egg crates, but it was the comforters that were so grossly misformed. The refrigerator worked fine. There was a microwave, but we didn't use it. There were no trash bags or liners in either small trash can. The swimming pool was heated and adequate. Breakfast was okay, nothing great. The laundry room has two washers and dryers and a soap dispenser. It costs $4 per load to wash and dry. I definitely believe this hotel room was not worth $145 a night. We will not stay at this location again. Sad, because it could be a really nice hotel if they would fix things that are broken or need replacing.

Room Tip: Fifth floor away from the elevator was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gators89
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my family and took two suites. Very conveniently located Hotel, with clean rooms and facilities surrounded with restaurants and other necessities. Staff is great and honestly we had no issues at all from the time we made reservations, to arrival, stay and then departure. We will come back to stay in Hampton Inn at Al Henderson again and will recommend to all our friends and family if they visit Savannah.

Room Tip: Family of four, take a suite as you get two queen size beds plus a sofa bed that opens as bed - very...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AKK2050
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I read the reviews here and they were right on the money. We checked into a King Jr suite and the room was perfectly cleaned and the bed was great. The property seems pretty new, right off I-95 and next door to an Applebee’s. A perfect no frills stop on our way back north from a FL vacation. I will make this Hampton a regular stop.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobHebee
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had a chance to check in early. High speed internet available. Breakfast included
About 5-7 minutes drive to the City Centre. We came to attend the Georgia Band Festival
in which our grandson was participating.

Room Tip: select room on top floors to get good view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family