“Exceded all expectations”

Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located for a great visit to the Savannah historic district. The hotel was clean and nice and offered good amenities. We were so well situated we walked to three different tours we took, and three different, excellent dinner restaurants. The people at the hotel were all so typically Southern friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms. Don't miss the view at the pool deck even if you don't swi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review. It is our goal to provide the type of service you experienced and thank you mentioning the hospitality and friendly atmosphere our staff provides. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

leonard.massey@savannahlodging.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,691)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Until the last five minutes of my stay, I was ready to rate this hotel as excellent. The hotel is beautiful, the location is very central, my room was spotless and outstandingly comfortable, and the front desk and serving staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. It was the parking valet who nearly ruined the experience for me. Instead of bringing my car from the underground garage, which is what I was expecting, he pulled it in front first from the street into the hotel's very small, narrow driveway. The only choice I had was to try and back out into the street--and, of course, I was boxed in immediately by an arriving guest driving in from the street and a car was WAS being brought up from the underground garage. Through great effort I was able to turn my car around and depart without hitting any cars or people. The situation was extremely embarrassing and potentially dangerous, and it was an disservice the parking valet did to me. I was absolutely ready to come back to this hotel, but now I have to think about whether the pleasure of staying there is worth getting killed for.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you for posting such a detailed review about our property. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I have personally addressed the one issue in your review. I can assure you that you will never be placed in that situation again. Thank you for rating us so highly in your SALT survey and for taking the time to post this review. I look forward to serving you in the future should you return to the area.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel was in a central location. The staff were helpful. Both concierges were helpful. Savannah restaurants were great. We recommend the Pink House for its sophisticated cuisine and its ambiance. The tavern chanteuse was a hoot.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for posting this awesome review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and hope to serve you soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great place to stay for whatever. Try the pool on topside overlooking the river. It is right in the heart of downtown Savannah so plenty to do within walking distance. I have stayed in a few on River Street but have settled down in this one.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Samuel L
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful review. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our beautiful rooftop pool, and of the many choices along river street, you have settled on our property. Thank you for the support and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was our first time in Savannah and our first stay at the Hampton Inn. Let me say, we were not disappointed. The room was spotless and the breakfast was delicious. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. We liked the location because it is within walking distance to restaurants and it is across from Riverstreet. It was a nice cool evening and we walked along the river. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Elke H
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for recommending our property to the Tripadvisor community. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff members were very accommodating. We all look forward to serving you in the future should you ever return to the area.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location within walking distance to many of the attractions. What you can't get to on foot, the trolley stops right at the hotel. The 90 minute guided tour on the trolley is a must. We have a 5 year old and the hotel was convenient to everything. The city market was great to shop and stroll. The riverfront is very touristy but a must-see. I recommend the Old Savannah Trolley. They were very knowledgeable and super friendly. The view from the rooftop pool is incredible!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for posting this review. I am so happy to her that our location was convenient for you and your family. The rooftop pool is so nice at night time, and the services we provide will make a lasting impression. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn in Savannah for our 1st wedding anniversary. I had never been to Savannah before, and if you haven't been, you should treat yourself and take a trip to this fabulous city. The hotel is situated on E. Bay St. about 1 block from River St, which is where all the fun is! You can easily walk EVERYWHERE and not have to more your car. If you are parking, the hotel offers valet, but the self parking garage is literally right across the street from the hotel, plus you can save a few bucks! Not only was I impressed with Savannah, the staff was by far the best I have ever encountered. Each person that we came across was friendly, professional, and ALWAYS greeted us with a smile. I am in the hotel business and for me this went a long way. I want to say a BIG thank you to Sharnitra, Jerry, the valet, and Leonard. You all are great and thank you for making our stay wonderful! Keep up the good work. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brett F

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a complimentary review about our property and team members. It was such a pleasure to speak with you upon your departure. Thank you for recognizing the hard work our team puts in. They really do their best to go above and beyond to please our guests. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!