“Best Concierge”

Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Carroll, the concierge at this hotel, went way beyond expectations while helping me arrange a couple of tours as a gift for my sister's honeymoon trip. I phoned the hotel and spoke at length with Carroll about options and only at the end of the conversation did I realize that my sister was staying at a different Hampton Inn. I called the correct hotel but the concierge there was unable or unwilling to assist. When I called back and explained my situation, Carroll completed the arrangements and offered to take the tour tickets directly to the other hotel herself, on her way home, as time was an issue. I can't say enough about her willingness to help. What great service she provided!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DenisH890
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Wow! I still would like to recognize you as our guest, because even though you didn't actually lodge with us, you still experienced the type of hospitality we are about. Carroll has been with our team for years and she completely understands the true meaning of service. We really hope that we have another opportunity to serve you during your next trip to our beautiful city.

leonard.massey@savannahlodging.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,689)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We arrived the first week of March and unfortunately the weather did not cooperate with us; however, the greeting we received from I believe it was Eugenia at the front desk was so nice, it made up for the cold weather. She was able to secure a room for us because we arrived earlier than check in time which was great.

We used valet parking at the hotel and the valet took our bags to the room. Our key did not work and he went to the desk twice to get it to function, which we really appreciated. He also got a maid on the floor to open our door so that we did not have to wait in the hallway until the key problem was remedied.

The hotel itself is situated in a prime location in the Historic District of Savannah--perfect for walking everywhere. Unfortunately it rained almost the entire week we were there, but we still were able to get around via tour bus, etc. and even able to walk when the rain was not so bad.

The hotel put out towels in the lobby so that guest could use them when they came in out of the rain along with cookies. A very nice touch.

The lobby had a nice seating area and a fireplace which made it comfortable to sit when it was too rainy outside. Along with 24 hour coffee, it was wonderful.

The complimentary breakfast was nice and it changed every day.

This is the only hotel where I have stayed that everyone--from maids, front desk, breakfast servers, valets -- said hello and wished us a good stay and gave us recommendations for restaurants and the like. Our next trip to Savannah will definitely include a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Historic District view in front of building
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B g
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for your gracious comments. We really appreciate you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback. I'm am happy to hear that your trip to Savannah was a delightful experience, and that our hotel played a major part in that experience. It was certainly a pleasure to serve you. Evgenia is one of our newest employees, and is a pleasure to work with. We are lucky to have her as a member of our wonderful team. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here en route to Florida in February. Great visit! Clean room, friendly staff, great breakfast and well equipped fitness. Love Hampton! The only very minor critique would be a not-so-great view - this didn't bother us. Can't wait to stay there again

• Stayed: February 2014
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Sue O:

Thank you for your valuable feedback, and gracious remarks about our hotel. Your support and loyalty means a great deal to us, and we cannot wait for the next opportunity to serve you. I am happy to let you know that we have historic and deluxe views available should you want a first class view upon your next visit. Just call and ask for Leonard!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, great stay! We were greeted with a smiling friendly staff and departed the same. They put all our luggage on a luggage cart and helped take everything up to the room, which we happily tipped for. We arrived at noon and they asked us to wait 20 minutes and they had a room for us. It was very clean and comfortable. Good space for the pac n play we brought. They called to make sure everything was ok. Because my husband is a diamond member, they gave us 2 waters and 2 Frescas. We only stayed one night and had they waffle breakfast with fresh fruit! We were planning on staying until mid afternoon and they allowed us to keep our car parked until 3:00 that afternoon so we would have to move our car and pay for parking. We will definitely stay here again! Walk to everywhere you want to go! Oh and we took some cute pictures of our son on their king size bed with the beautiful white comforter. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Heather S:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post this wonderful review. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family during your trip to Savannah. Thank you for acknowledging our awesome staff members, and the services they provide. Tell the little one we said hello!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I arrived in cold rainy weather thinking I would not get to see the city and would spend all my time in the hotel. Carroll Inglis, concierge, recommended the trolley tour which kept me dry and I saw so many sites. The next day, the rain was gone, but the cold remained-she helped me find more tours and shopping that made my visit a very pleasant one. The housekeeping and front desk staff were also very friendly. We will come back again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

It was definitely a pleasure having you stay with us. I am so happy the Carrol was able to give you that personalized service that you expect from Hampton! This mission of our team is to provide a care free stay, and it seems that we have delivered on that goal. Thank you for taking the time to post this review and I look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn! The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and professional, and the amenities plenty. Kudos to the concierge, Carroll Inglis, for her above and beyond help!!! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

It was certainly a pleasure to have served you as our guest. We really appreciate you for the time it took to post this wonderful review. Your feedback is very valuable to us, and I am happy to hear that Carroll made your stay wonderful. We all look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you are planning a trip to Savannah the Hampton Inn Savannah-Historic District is absolutely perfect for all your travel needs! PERFECT LOCATION - short 2 minute walk to the beautiful River Walk with excellent shopping, restaurants, relaxation, entertainment and river cruises. Amazing daytime and evening views of the city from the lovely roof top pool deck. CONVENIENCE - Although parking is scarce in this city, never fear...Hampton Inn provides friendly and efficient valet indoor parking for a mere $20 per day that takes all the stress out of finding a place for your car...worth every penny. Our valet, John, was great and even transported our bags to our room for us. ACCOMODATIONS - The lobby is impressive...Old brick, wood floors, fireplace...every detail exudes southern charm. Beautiful, clean, comfortable rooms...I recommend a 5th floor historic view room, you won't be sorry. Free coffee and fresh fruit are generously provided throughout the day. Freshly baked oatmeal cookies in the evening. The FREE Saturday morning breakfast was DELICIOUS!!! Eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, home fries, fresh berry bowl, cinnamon rolls and more!!! YUM!!! THE STAFF - Wow!!! Best hotel staff ever encountered anywhere! Gregory, Nika and Monica (I think) were sooo gracious and accommodating to all our requests. And what can I say about Concierge Carroll Inglis? Her expertise was invaluable! High on my "Bucket List" was to enjoy a PRIVATE horse drawn carriage tour throughout the city of Savannah. Carroll booked the perfect tour that completely fulfilled my fantasy...her knowledge of the city is exceptional and her advice invaluable in making our trip a success. Lastly, when it came time to check out, we were quickly able to print our return airline tickets at the lovely computer station easily accessible to all guests. Although our stay was sadly too short, our praise for the Hampton Inn is not. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Kathleen Moody S
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

WOW!

Thank you so much for the awesome review. This provides us with so much motivation to keep delivering on the things you have outlined in your review. Delivering the best customer service in the hospitality industry is our goal, and our purpose is to make our guest happy. Thank you for the support, and will be sure to acknowledge everyone listed in this review. I look forward to your return, and another opportunity to accommodate your lodging needs.