Great location and within walking distance to most downtown hot spots but this property lacks the ammenities and services I expect at all Hilton/Hampton properties. You're OK for one night if you just need a bed to sleep and you're out the next day but I don't recommend it for multiple nights. Here's why:
- very odd HVAC set up - large, noisy circa 1990 through wall unit, sitting on an equally large wood built in stand that preoccupies the room and it's at chest height (not kidding). This 'design' not only takes away valuable window space but also sun light which makes the room dark. Plus you can't open the window for fresh air. TV did not have HD channels - can't think of any HI&S I stayed in that didn't offer HD TV.
2. No on site ATM - told me to go down the street to the local Bank of America - how's that for being customer convenient
3. No on site Pantry to buy a few snacks or drinks - unheard of
4. On site vending
- OK, so you don't have an on site pantry so where are the vending machines? Answer: every other odd floor while drink machines are on every even floor - huh?
- I'm OK with valet parking and decided not to use the parking garage across the street because the hotel's garage is right next to the hotel - more secure, right? Guess where they parked my car - across the street in the garage.
6. Small, not very private/quiet lobby/lounge area
- if you want to relax in the lobby area, get on the computer or sit by the fire you have to compete for space as the area is small as lobbies go, is not off to the side in a quiet area plus they were instaling a new hardwood floor so all the to be installed wood is piled up taking even more space away from guests. Plus forget getting any evening cookies - as soon as they were gone none reappeared.
7. Disengaged front desk staff
- they just weren't welcoming, friendly and engaging to guests as many other front desk staffs are at properties I stay.
If you are a Hilton guest like me, check out the Hilton Garden Inn (my orginal 1st choice but they were booked ) or the Doubletree a few blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District hotel is located in downtown Savannah on Bay Street with easy access to River Street. Walk to local attractions like River Street, Savannah International Trade & Convention Center, and City Market. Enjoy a swim in our rooftop outdoor pool with views of historic Savannah. Relax with our free hot breakfast every morning. Get some work done with our free high-speed internet access and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Hampton Inn