Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rockville, Maryland
“Ivy L”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

First time visitors to Savannah and stayed at the Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District. What a GREAT location to all the local sites. My husband and I walked everywhere, The hotel is right across the street from the River area ( be aware that the steps to river are very steep!) all the square and museums. The room was very nice but the street traffic noise could be heard even on the 7th floor and there was no real view as the AC/Heat unit is set in the window area blocking the view. The staff at the front desk could have been more attentive by looking up and greeting their people as they came in or went out the door. They seems preoccupied with talking to one another and not with their guests . The breakfast offerings where wonderful and the staff very friendly and attentive. Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ivy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed the convenient location in the heart of Savannah’s historic district. There are several good places to eat and many tourist attractions within a short walk, and the harbor is just across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
Rosemount, Minnesota
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I visited Savannah for his 40th birthday. This hotel is outstanding. The location is wonderful. When we checked into our room, we received a call asking us if we were comfortable with our room and if we had any concerns. The rooms were clean, updated and overall very nice. The staff were outstanding and went out of their way to make your stay pleasant. They recently had an incident in the hotel so they were re-doing all the rooms but it did not disrupt our stay. They had water available outside, coffee and tea 24 hrs p/day, cookies after dinner and mid-night snacks. The breakfast is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

1 Thank alarcher
White Plains, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District for our recent vacation at the end of August 2012. This is a nice hotel in a good location in the Historic District. It is just a few blocks from the Savannah Visitors Center, Railroad Museum, Trolley companies, SCAD Museum & Ships of the Sea Museum. It is a short walk to many restaurants and sights in Historic Savannah (including the City Market & Ellis Square), yet it isn't in the middle of the noisier part of town. The hotel has a nice pool, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and they serve a good breakfast each morning. Our room was very nice and comfortable. My only issue was that the bathroom sink was very high and wide, and I am petite so I had to stand on tip toes and reach over to use the sink. This would not be a problem if you are an average to large person, but it is for those of us who are smaller.

3 Thank Alisia L
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I visited Savannah for his 63rd birthday. The Hampton Inn Historic District in Savannah is the best place to stay. Each day the hotel staff greeted us with smiles. They were each professional, personable and amazing. Michelle, Veidra, Sharnitra, Clarence and Cordilla made our stay so perfect. From dining suggestions to specific sites and tours, this staff is informative, pleasant and helpful. They even shared in my excitement in meeting Mike (Paula Deen's husband) at Uncle Bubba's restaurant. The rooms were cleaned, the referrals to different sites were great, not to mention the staff's teamwork and committment to service and excellence (which is #1). I can't wait to go back. Thank you so much for helping me and Ray enjoy our vacation in Savannah.

1 Thank Ray W
Keystone Heights, FL
Reviewed September 1, 2012

You can't beat the location, charm and value of this Hampton Inn property. We had previously stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites, which is several blocks away and at the end of the historic district. It was a great property but we wanted to be more in the thick of the district, as our goal was to walk through every square, checking it off on our map. This hotel is on Bay St., so you have the squares behind you and the riverfront attractions and restaurants in front of you. The lobby and breakfast area are full of period charm-warm wood mixed with comfy chairs and a big fireplace for a relaxing mood. We didn't eat the breakfast, opting instead for brunch at Huey's on the river. I have to confess to laziness in the mornings when I can get it-my job requires me to get up very early each morning, so I enjoy the luxury of sleeping in and never race down to any hotel's complimentary breakfast. The room was PERFECT for the quiet escape we were looking for. Very comfortable beds with the chain's signature fresh, clean duvets and lots of pillows to choose from. Sparkling bathroom with the usual amenities and a counter large enough to accommodate my hubby and me getting ready at the same time. Internet was spotty but a call to the front desk promptly resolved the problem. We got halfway through our trek through the squares only to be stopped by a torrential downpour that lasted the rest of the afternoon. When we returned to the hotel they were providing towels in the lobby for all of their damp guests! We will be back to stay at this property and finishing checking off the rest of those beautiful squares! Forgot to say that there is a pool on the rooftop-if the kids had been in tow, we'd have loved using it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Susan1326
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Hampton Inn Historic District in Savannah is a wonderful place to stay! I would recommend it for anyone traveling to Savannah! First of all it is located in a great area - walking distance to everything and centralized in the "tourist" area. The hotel is new and very stylish. Rooms were clean and even my small room with just a queen bed came with a mini fridge and a microwave. There is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours a day - and a basket of fruit that is filled round the clock for guests to grab and go. Breakfast was wonderful - a true full hot breakfast. They even offer extras - for instance it was raining when I was leaving to walk to dinner and they let me borrow an umbrella for the evening. Also when I was checking out they offered me a free bottle of water and a snack for the plane. Free wifi in the rooms and computer in the lobby.

All in all this hotel is not only beautiful for the price but great service! The only complaint I might have (and this is minor...) is that the air conditioner in the room was very loud!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business