“Wonderful Experience”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah
Ranked #80 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 13, 2010

This is a extrordinary nice place to stay. The suite was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel staff were courteous and friendly. The food at the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The pool was clean. The grounds were beautifully kept. We had an exceptionally pleasant four day stay. Could not have been more pleased. Location is very convenient to downtown Savannah.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Dear HT2842,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We never get tired of hearing that we have satisfied another guest, and appreciate that with all the accommodation choices you have, that you chose to stay with us. We do hope to see you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah

Reviewed May 25, 2010

I had my wife and three little kids here for about 10 days, mixing business and vacation time. The comments about this hotel being "old" are correct. It's been around a while and shows it.

Cons -
-The rooms are old and show it (grimey kitchens, funky smells, furniture stains). My kids' feet were visibly dirty after walking around on the carpet before bed - yuck!
-Smoking was prevalent near the pool area and surrounding areas.
-Whole place had a real "blue collar" feel, and not "business traveler" (interpret that however you want)
-Many suites are not as roomy as you might expect, due to the layout. It's not an Embassy Suites, people!

Pros -
-Beds were updated and not dirty
-Pool was maintained very well and heated, which was awesome. Hot tub too!
-Dinners provided M-Th were very good and staffed by friendly and helpful people. Breakfast was also a nice change from typical Hampton Inn fare.
-Easy access to historic downtown and 20-25 minute drive to Tybee beaches

In the end, you get what you pay for. A six-night discount for a suite was $109. Hard to find that somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

Dear j2good,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the compliments you had for our breakfast and staff, pool, and other amenities. Please accept my apology for the cleanliness issues you encountered in your suite. We want all of our guests to be 100% satisfied with their stay and work hard everyday to achieving that goal. I can assure you that this was an isolated situation but one we do not want to happen again. Again, thank you for your comments and please feel free to contact me directly if I can address any other comments or concerns.

(912) 353-8500
deborah.cline@hilton.com

Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed one night, found it very comfortable. They gave us a free upgrade to a 2-BR suite, and we really enjoyed having the two bathrooms. We didn't stay long but would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2010

Thank you Wendym58 for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your short visit with us and are especially happy to hear that you'll be back!

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Look for another hotel stat. The room I had was dirty, smelled of smoke and had broken kitchen cabinets and drawers. I stayed in Savannah for almost three weeks and they would go without cleaning my room for 4 days at a time. I usually like Homewood Suites but this place is awful. They claim it has been renovated but I failed to see any of those renovations. I'm sure I'll be back in Savannah soon but this place will never cross my mind.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
debbiemcline, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

Dear yatesaj,

Thank you for the feedback you have provided from your stay in May 2009. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit with us.

I looked up your stay records and see that your reservation was made for a smoking suite with a request for non-smoking if one became available. Unfortunately, none did, so we ozoned your suite prior to your arrival. I'm sorry that you could still smell an odor. I have purchased new ozone machines since then, so this shouldn't be a problem in the future should only a smoking room be available. We also moved all of the smoking rooms (we only have 12) to one area so they will not disturb our non-smoking guests.

We hired a new Executive Housekeeper last July with many years of experience, who has successfully tackled our housekeeping issues. We even received a 100% cleanliness score on our last Hilton Quality Assurance inspection!

We strive to exceed every guest's expectations during their stay and do hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Savannah. Please contact me at the hotel if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

The Hilton Hotel chain has a solid reputation for having hotels that meet a certain standard when it comes to taking care of the customer. On the recomendation of a co-worker I stayed here. The rooms were clean but dated. My bed had an indentation in the mattress, my showerhead was clogged and ineffective and my bathtub had chips.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating but the hotel was just dated. Since I was only there for 3 days, I decided to just put up with it. When I return to the area, I'll probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2009

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. We actually called at midnight this time to make our reservation on our way back from Christmas with family. It was no problem. I recommend the two bedroom suite if you have 5 people or more. I had two teenagers and three adults. It has a comfortable living area w/ fireplace, kitchenette w/ stove and refrigerator, and two bathrooms. There are three tvs so no fighting for tv and includes a hot breakfast. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs with cheese, ham, waffles, crepes, and the usual continental breakfast fare. It has a pool and hot tub outside. So I would say whether you are passing through or want to stay in Savannah it is a great place to stay. The only drawback is that it is about five to ten minute drive to the historic area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tobykitty
Reviewed November 9, 2009

In this case the cover is much better than the inside. The rooms are in need of refreshing. This is an older facility that has seen a lot of use. Electric outlets are cracked and won't hold your plug. Walls and door frames are dirty. Small for a stay over a few days. The building we were in required us to roll our luggage uphill and make a sharp 90 degree turn at the door to get in to the building - a very difficult task with a standard luggage cart, no staff available to help. Maid carts were stored in the hallway at the entrance door. Kitchen poorly designed..could not use drawer without opening up dishwasher..dark and dingy, food crumbs in cabinets. Adjacent to Hunter Army Airfield, perhaps this facility is used for temporary housing? Positive note: staff friendly, food good, servers very hospitable, ten minute ride to historic district.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple