“Great choice”

Savannah Marriott Riverfront
Ranked #45 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Clean, quiet and well staffed. Food in meeting room was above average. Servers were very attentive. Rooms were clean, beds very comfortable. Check in and out was smooth with no errors. Great view of the river. Easy walking distance to the historic district.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to know that our dedication to 100% guest satisfaction is being met.

You mentioned some of the reasons the Marriott Savannah Riverfront is a sought after destination; we are right on the Savannah River with easy access to shops, restaurants and bars along world famous River Street. Our staff is friendly and our guest rooms comfortable and well appointed.

Ensuring our guests' experiences make them want to return is the best compliment we can receive. It seems we accomplished that during your visit.

Again, thank you for your time. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Happy Holidays.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Everytime I'm in Savannah I stay at this Marriott. This recent visit was one of the better stays and I'm pleased with the improvements I see at this hotel. The rooms have all been renovated and the hotel itself is much cleaner than my last few visits. The staff is always very friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. I love that this hotel has self parking (very few hotels have this in the historic district) and easy access to both Bay and River Street.

Room Tip: Opt for a river view if possible so you can watch the container ships and tugs floating along the ri...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review!

It is such a pleasure to hear that our return guests are pleased with our commitment to enhance and improve our services.

We are very proud of our friendly staff and their willingness to ensure 100% satisfaction for all our guests. Also, our parking facilities are often recognized for their convenience and ease - especially for downtown Savannah.

Thank you again for taking time to let us know about your stay and thank you for your continued patronage.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Nice hotel, but very "convention" like. The room overlooked the atrium lobby and bar. The first hotel that I've seen a swimming pool in the lobby. I thought the staff was extremely helpful, 1st class service. No safe in the room, but they had one for us to use behind the front desk. The hotel a bit dated as it was built in around 25 years ago for the summer olympics hosted in Savannah. We got a decent rate and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent visit.

We are happy to pass on compliments about our staff to our managers at our weekly staff meetings. It is very important that our associates know that our guests recognize and appreciate their dedication.

Our hotel does have both indoor and outdoor pools, which is a nice feature as our guests can enjoy swimming year round. Another service you mentioned is the fact that we have safes behind our front desk free of charge for our visitors.

We certainly appreciate knowing that you would return to our wonderful hotel. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Underwhelmed. Southern hospitality was hard to see. Rooms were filthy! No extra blanket or pillows in closet. Blood on the comforter! Bathrooms could use a good cleaning. We are gold Marriott rewards members. Our room was "upgraded" to a room overlooking the river. We could hardly open the rusty sliding door to see the view. There was no fridge, no "privacy please" door hang. As soon as I got back home, I took a shower.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room overlooking the Atrium. You will hear the echo of noises from the lobby and k...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 605MaryAnn

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent visit.

Your comments are important to us and have been passed on to the appropriate Department Heads.

Although you had a less than satisfactory trip, we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to extend to you our customary southern hospitality and guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

When we booked the hotel for the weekend of the Rock and Roll Marathon, I was excited by the pictures that were shown online. But when we arrived, I was a little disappointed that the pictures shown online really didn't represent the property. As per other reviews on this hotel, if you specifically ask for a room overlooking the river then the view is very nice. Unfortunately, most of the rooms do not have this view. In order to check in, you have to go to the first floor. The first floor is massive with some sparse furnishings, the check in area and lounge, a large open space with no furniture (not sure what the purpose of this room is) and an indoor pool.

In regard to the rooms, even though it looks like they were updated over the past few years the bedding, carpet, and furniture looked a little "tired" and worn. The walls between the rooms were thin and you could hear everything that was going on in the other rooms as well as in the hall. Make sure that you request a room away from the elevators and ice machine/vending area. All night we heard the ice machine and people talking.

We did order room service and the food was good. They were pretty quick in delivering it considering the hotel was full.

Overall, the people that work at the hotel were pleasant and friendly and the hotel was in a great location. I just think that they could update and freshen up the hotel to fit a little better into the beautiful city of Savannah.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river, not overlooking the atrium, and away from the elevators and ice machine...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit.

We appreciate all comments as they allow us to improve and enhance services. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and your observations will assist us in reaching that goal.

Our Chef is dedicated to providing a memorable dining experience and we will let both she and our room service staff know that you were pleased with the food and service.

We also take great pride in our staff and their friendliness. It is always a pleasure to hear we are succeeding in providing true Southern Hospitality.

We hope to see you again next year for the Rock and Roll Marathon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was attending a group meeting at this hotel and we were given a special rate, so I stayed in the hotel for a Friday and Saturday night. Because of the reduced rate, the room I was given (708) was on the seventh floor and overlooking the atrium area.

Other people comments about the noise are correct. You hear children down in the pool, you hear large groups in the lobby. My room had an ill fitting door with large gaps around one side and the bottom, so any noise in the hallway were like they were in my room.

My biggest complaint was with the king bed. The mattress should have been replaced long ago. It was clearly worn out and you could easily see two big indention areas were people slept before. It was so bad that I might have only gotten about four hours sleep over two nights, because of the mattress.

Another complaint is that I was taller than the shower head. I am 5'11" tall and the shower head only came up even with my shoulders. This meant I had to bend down in the shower to wash my head and hair.

One good thing was that the in room coffee maker was NOT in the bathroom. It was taking up space on the limited desk. Speaking of limited, there was only one electric outlet at the desk to plug in a computer or phone charger (not both at the same time).

The TV was a nice size Panasonic flat screen. I don't know if it was just the TV in my room or if all of them have the volume limited. I tried to raise the TV volume up to drown out the noise of two small kids running around in the room next door, but my TV volume wouldn't go above 26.

The hotel is located at the far end of the riverwalk area. You have a 3 block walk up the riverwalk before you get to any of the shops or restaurants. So if you are in Savannah to enjoy the historic district or riverfront area, be prepared to do a bit of walking.

The daily parking fee was included in the group rate that I had, so I didn't have to pay extra for parking. Wireless Internet in the rooms are an extra fee, but there is free Wi-Fi in the public areas, like the lobby and atrium. Because my room overlooked the atrium, I was able to get enough of the free Wi-Fi signal to use that and save the in room Wi-Fi fee.

People at the Hotel were nice. I had the breakfast buffet for $16 + tax on one day. The servers in the restaurant were excellent. The food on the buffet was fair at best.

Room Tip: Don't get an atrium room. Do ask for a lower floor room because there are only 4 elevators and t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We continually get wonderful comments on our staff - for their friendliness, dedication and hospitality. It seems you were particularly impressed by our servers in the restaurant and we will pass your words on to them.

Also, thank you for letting us know about the bed, electrical outlet and television. Our Engineering Department has been notified.

Again, we appreciate your review and hope to have the pleasure of serving you in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'll start by saying this...best staff I've encountered at a Marriott. My wife and I ran the Rock 'N' Roll Half this past weekend and as soon as we stepped onto the property, we were treated like family. Being the frugal guy that I am, I booked two separate rooms (1 for Thurs. night, 1 for Fri. night) which saved us about 100+ bucks. I spoke with the desk the next morning and upon my request, they allowed me to stay in the room. Some hotels won't allow this, but this one fortunately did. We were greeted at their restaurant, Blue I think, with a friendly smile and welcome to Savannah. Being from Charleston, Savannah trumped the friendliest side. After our run, they had towels, room temp. bottled water and Gatorade. Each staff welcomed us back with open arms. The place is a little dated and noisy, but when you have the excellent staff, that makes it much more appealing. It's also right on the River, with their own interest from the Walk. We'll definitely come back because we felt like family! Thanks to all, I'm horrible with names, but ya'lls' smiling faces made the staff worth every penny!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

What a pleasure to receive your glowing review about your stay with us this past weekend!

It is an extreme compliment to hear that we "trumped" our southern neighbor Charleston, with the friendliness of our staff! We do take great pride in the hospitality we offer and are always happy to pass this feedback on to our associates.

To hear that the little touches, such as the towels and water and gatorade made you feel like you were at home is something we strive for.

And to hear that you feel like family and plan to return is the best comment we can receive.

Again, thank you for taking time to let us know about your visit. We look forward to the pleasure of serving you in the future.