Savannah Marriott Riverfront
  • Pool
  • Pool
East Bay Inn(Savannah)
2,000 results
All reviewsthe riverstayed at the marriottthe concierge loungecargo shipsa river view roomoutdoor poolbit datedhistoric districtconvention centerparking feesouthern hospitalitytrip to savannahriverfrontatriumconferencebellmanbalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel stays are a big portion of my vacation. I expect a nice room. Although they claim to have upgraded, the hotel lobby was dark and dank, chipping paint and no appeal. My room was bare, dusty and had no appeal at all. We were given a facing inside which really isn't a window. I only stayed one night and changed to a different hotel that morning.

• Stayed: July 2013
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor letting us know about your recent visit.

It seems we fell short of your expectations but appreciate your feedback so we can refine and improve our services.

If your future travels do bring you back to Savannah, we would truly welcome the opportunity to show you our customary excellent guest service.

Again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

"Upgraded" to riverfront room with tiny balcony, but the room wasn't clean. Of our two beds, one had unchanged, unclean sheets and a pillowcase with make-up on it. The duvet cover was old and torn. Carpet was dirty and blackened our slippers. Dirty and smeared TV screen.

Bathroom also tired and unclean. "Plate" decorations on the wall were covered with accumulated dust, as were the baseboards, switch plate, and countertop corners, grout, etc. There was no magnifying mirror and no towel bars or hooks, so towels had to be left on the counter. (Women's lobby restroom was also in serious need of maintenance or renovation).

Very weak WiFi. We were advised to use another room number to log in! Elevator security key access system not working. Parking beneath hotel not secured. No safe or refrigerator in the room. Coffee/tea in room.

Location okay for riverstreet restaurants/shops, but not great access to historic district or free shuttle.

Positives: Reception staff very friendly. As Gold members we had access to the concierge lounge which had a good breakfast, evening snacks and dessert (cookies). However, cocktails were $10 and beer $5 -- rather pricey for a concierge lounge! Our room was very Inexpensive for a Marriott, but cleanliness is extremely important to us, so it did not seem like a good value. The unchanged bed and poor housekeeping didn't set well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent visit.

Our staff is wonderful and we get many compliments on their friendly helpfulness and true southern hospitality. Your kind words will be shared at our next staff meeting.

Also, your feedback is valued as it helps us to improve our service and therefore, guest satisfaction. The proper Managers have been notified of your comments and corrective action is being taken.

Again, thank you for your time.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Faculties are great. Loved the atrium, atrium bar, the patio overlooking the river, the Blue Bistro, parking area, and location. We didn't have the best room or the best view, but for the money it was good. We had trouble figuring out the billing for the wireless internet in our room, but the front desk clerk ( Julie) was very helpful and solved our problem. The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Our only complaint was noisy guests coming in at 2-3am yelling in the hallways, but I don't know how that could have been prevented.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

What a pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor!

It seems that our hotel with the eight floor glass Atrium provided you with an exceptional view of the Savannah River and that in addition, you enjoyed the Atrium, Atrium Bar, Blue Bistro and our River Walk Patio.

You also mentioned our staff and their friendliness and our Front Office Manager, Julie and her helpfulness. We strive to provide our guests with a wonderful stay and a desire to return and it seems you truly enjoyed your visit.

Again, thank you for letting us know about your positive experience and we hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I booked two adjoining rooms at this hotel for a bachelorette party over the weekend (2 nights stay). Upon arrival, our party was given two rooms that were down the hall from each other (not as I requested). I insisted on speaking with someone about this, and the issue was correct very quickly. Julie (she was WONDERFUL) immediately took care of the issue, and placed us in a suite with an adjoining room that had two double-beds. With a party of 8 ladies, it was perfect for us! The room had a huge vanity where multiple ladies could get ready without begin on top of each other, which would have otherwise ended up being a big issue. Julie also took $50 off my reservation for the inconvenience, which was appreciated. Our room had a balcony with a view of the river, which was also amazing.

The only other issue encountered during our stay was that our room was never cleaned. On Saturday morning, the maid knocked on our door at 11:00am to clean. I opened the door and told her we would leave at noon and to come back. She said "Ok, I come back." Our party of 8 didn't get back to the room until almost 7:00pm that evening. To our surprise, the room was still a mess. With 8 ladies, we had filled up the trash cans, used up all the coffee, ran out of toilet paper, and had no clean towels. I called the front desk and asked why the room had not been cleaned and could not get a straight answer. Since we didn't leave the room again until 10:00pm, the maid service couldn't clean, as they closed at 10:00pm. Overall, it wasn't the end of the world, but it was definitely an inconvenience for us.

I would recommend this hotel to travelers, but please note that it is not the most organized from a management standpoint.

Room Tip: The corner suite was huge and very nice for a big group!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your upgrade to a suite and that Julie responded quickly to your request. We are very fortunate to have Julie on our team and I will forward your comments to her.

Unfortunately your room was not cleaned at the time expected and we appreciate you letting us know so that our Housekeeping Director can resolve this issue for future guests.

Again, thank you for your time. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you and your guests in the future. Best wishes to the Bride and Groom.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Marriott Savannah Riverfront was an excellent choice. The staff was wonderful from the time of arrival , until I departed. I was greeted by "KC" the bellman. He was very polite and friendly. Along with Lexi who also was a charm. Stevie was very pleasant and professional during my check in. The entire staff were just genuinely friendly and pleasant the entire stay. My room was clean, up to date, and quiet. The extra request I asked for was honored. I stayed for 4 nights and must say I enjoyed every one of them. The river view was such a plus. The atrium was relaxing. The walk along the boardwalk to the stores and eateries was nice. Enjoyed the patio at night while watching the boats and the sound of the water was just tranquil. Looking forward to returning back to Savannah in the near future and the Marriott Savannah Riverfront will once again be the hotel of my choice!

Room Tip: If you can get a river view room. You wont regret it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

How thrilling to read your comments on TripAdvisor!

When our guests are 100% satisfied with their visit (four nights for you), we know we have succeeded in our quest to provide the best in service and accommodations.

I will be happy to pass your compliments on to KC, Stevie and Lexi. They are valued associates.

We certainly look forward to your return.

Thank you once again for taking time to let us know about your experience.