“great view for a good price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savannah Marriott Riverfront

Savannah Marriott Riverfront
Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Winter Garden, Florida
“great view for a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Our family stays at this hotel as a pit stop on our drive up and down the east coast. While this is an older hotel and could use some updates the view on the river is outstanding. The staff has always been very friendly and have gone out of our way to ensure that our kids were taken care of. In door and out door pool make swimming available anytime of the year. In walking distance to several unique dinning locations to the savanah area. We have stayed her more than 4 times and will continue coming back.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Booked this hotel because we were pleased when we stayed here 2 years ago and wanted my mom and her friend to have a good Savannah experience. The hotel appeared run down and shabby. We had reserved rooms with 2 beds but there was only king available. There was an acrid odor in the hall and our rooms. You have to request a refridgerator - but the one they brought didn't work. Front desk staff were not aware of the valet parking- I hope our cars are there tomorrow. We won't be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We always enjoy staying here, but do wish the hotel was a little closer to the action up on River Street. The view of the river is very nice and we always get a riverfront room, but the view across the river isn't particularly nice. We do remember that this is a very busy port area and some of the port facilities aren't pretty. The people here have always been extremely nice and very helpful. Our rooms and the common areas have always been clean and in good repair. Will stay there again, I'm sure.

Room Tip: We have always found it worthwhile to get a riverfront room on an upper floor as we enjoy watching t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staff was exceptionally helpful and nice but Hotel was simply lacking. Nothing special, a little dingy and dirty, small room (could not close curtains with chair in way) no fridge, no microwave, pay to park, pay for wifi. Would find something else if I return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
South Hills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

When we visit Savannah, we stay at the Riverfront Marriott. Located along the Savannah River, we enjoy a riverfront view whenever we stay here. Its enjoyable and relaxing to sit on the balcony and watch the barges travel up and down the river.

The Riverfront Walk is adjacent to the hotel, so its an easy walk to many eateries or just for a stroll around the area.

Our rooms have always been spacious, pleasant, and clean. The beds are comfortable.

Breakfast on the Concierge Level is very good, serving the typical breakfast fare.

On-site parking costs $19 per day with in and out privileges.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a riverfront view on a high floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Room was clean, didn't stay for long. Had a cot brought it and it was very flimsy! Nothing too exciting and I would have rather stayed closer to the shops. But it was a good value and worked for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed on 7-13-13...maybe it had something to do with the date, however I arrived at the hotel at 10pm and they still did not have clean rooms despite my reservation! I waited over an hour and a half to get my room. Several other guests had the same problem. I am Gold level Marriott member and stay in Marriott hotels 50+ nights a year. The rooms were dated and the walls are paper thin. My room looked into the courtyard and it was noisy all night. Not a place I will stay at again. The one thing I will say is that the staff were extremely apologetic (in particular Ben the Assistant Manager that evening) and did their best to be helpful placing a food order for me before the kitchen closed so I could eat while I waited. I was promised extra rewards points for my trouble, but I have not yet received. I left the hotel and stayed at the Courtyard Downtown Savannah the next three nights and highly recommend that hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business