“Great customer service”

Savannah Marriott Riverfront
Ranked #46 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed May 25, 2013

From the minute we parked and walked in the front door the service was outstanding. It is a great location and within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants on the riverfront. There was a great area to sit down and relax and watch the boat traffic on the river. Very peaceful at night. I loved the atrium in the middle and the fact that we had a room with a small balcony that opened up to the atrium. It had a big glass front that overlooked the river. It was really neat. I agree with some of the other reviews that parts of it could use some updating but it was a great place and I would absolutely return again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Savannah Marriott Riverfront

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel has a good location (within walking distance to riverfront shops), but it is definite need of some upgrades and service enhancements. Visited as part of a small conference and my feedback also reflects those of other meeting participants I talked to. Sleeping room air conditioning must have been turned off during the evenings, because each night we awoke sweating, despite the temp being turned down all the way. Conference meals were marginal at best....Fitness center was good size, but most of the equipment was out of order. There were no towels available and the water fountain was empty. Indoor swimming pool was in the middle of the atrium area, which was very odd, given that nightly cocktail parties were held in the same area. The hotel fills up because its location, but I will not go back. There are other affordable hotels with better service & amenities.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Greeted by very helpful waitstaff at the door providing directions to the desk and elevators. Waitstaff at desk were very helpful and asked what brought us to their Marriott. I told them we were on our 30th wedding anniversary trip and we were upgraded to a riverfront room. Also given complementary breakfast passes for the full buffet breakfast at Blue. Great place to stay at the end of the river walk and so relaxing on the balcony overlooking the river. We've been here before and will continue to return. Full disclosure, I am a Marriott platinum member... So the above perks may have come from that. Doesn't take away from the great hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chet J
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I came for a conference recently and was looking forward to staying here again. The last visit was 2009 and the staff has gotten even more friendly! No kidding, everywhere I turned someone was smiling, saying hello and offering to help with anything. The staff alone would make me return here again.

The room was large and the king size bed was super comfy. All Marriott beds are excellent so I would expect nothing less. You'll enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the atrium are excellent.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a business conference but brought my 11 year old son along. Its on the Riverfront walkway. Nice clean rooms, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing I did not like was the indoor pool. It was located in the middle of the lobby, which means anyone who walks by can see you.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed her 2nd weekend of May 2013. Hotel is nice and appeared to be very clean. Lobby was ok with plenty of room for several people to check in at once. Lobby is 1 floor up from main street entrance, which i like.
Our room was on the top floor with an atrium view. It was a really nice view and i would choose this over the river view. Even though we had an atrium view, we still had a balcony and we could still see the river from our balcony. Room was spacious and clean. King bed was very comfy. Room temp was good and could be easily adjusted. Bathroom was not overly glamorous, but clean and acceptable.
Hotel is very near downtown Savannah where there are many restaurants to choose from.
Hotel parking was $18 a night, which i thought was outrageous! There was a high school having their prom the weekend we stayed and the high schoolers were obviously taking up guest parking from hotel guests, even though there was an attendant stopping each car and asking if they were guests or there for the prom.
I don't normally nit-pick at every little thing like i see some trip advisor reviewers do, but i felt like i was being nickled and dimed by Marriott with the $18 nightly parking fee.
I would probably stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Is it great to stay on the river? Sure, but NOT at this hotel. Overpriced, outdated, understaffed. Expect to also pay $13/day for internet, and $18/day for parking. This on top of your $200 room. I never write bad reviews. This is my first actually. When they botched my billing in a ridiculous way which left me trapped in multiple absurd customer service calls I felt so inclined. Stay elsewhere. There are so many fantastic places in Savannah. Pass this one over!

2  Thank TallGalTravels