“Eh.....”

Ranked #48 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Georgia
“Eh.....”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Is it great to stay on the river? Sure, but NOT at this hotel. Overpriced, outdated, understaffed. Expect to also pay $13/day for internet, and $18/day for parking. This on top of your $200 room. I never write bad reviews. This is my first actually. When they botched my billing in a ridiculous way which left me trapped in multiple absurd customer service calls I felt so inclined. Stay elsewhere. There are so many fantastic places in Savannah. Pass this one over!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TallGalTravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Marriott Savannah Riverfront is ideally situated for a business traveler or a vacationer. The hotel is located on the eastern end of River Street and one can easily walk along the river to restaurants and establishments or one can walk up the hill or take a trolley to Savannah. Its truly a wonderful city to explore with all of the parks.

The hotel features standard rooms with plush bedding, tub/shower with a nicely sized bathroom, a flat screen television and a nice desk to work from. The in room Internet worked with a cord or wireless and was faster than most hotels that I've traveled to. The check went well with my room available at the time of check in. I always call ahead to make sure it will be ready rather than wait.

During my stay, the room attendants were pleasant to speak to and did a great job. My room was above the indoor pool and overlooked the downstairs plaza. It was suprisingly quiet and offered a view of the Savannah River and the ships coming into port.

When traveling back to Savannah, I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and request a room overlooking the River - at least the third floor or above.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Located at the east end of River Street and the river walk, the Marriott is a great base from which to visit Savannah. It's a short walk to the bars, restaurants, and night clubs of River Street. The water ferry to the Westin and the west end of River Street leaves right from the hotel. Savannah is a walking city! Nice view of the river from the interior, atrium rooms. The service is outstanding with many friendly faces and greetings. Yes, the lobby is bland - but who spends much time in the lobby? Rooms were very comfortable and functional. 4.5

Room Tip: Interior rooms look into the atrium and the glass north wall showing the river. West rooms look to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheWRambler
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The location isn't the best. It's not really in the historic district, and if you get a view like I did, you will be looking out onto an empty lot of weeds. To make things worse, this hotel has absolutely none of the uniqueness and charm of Savannah. It would be a bore in any city, but is almost offensive considering that it's the Savannah Marriott. The only thing that redeems this hotel is the staff. They are friendly and professional, and honestly some of the best I've seen from a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: The southern view looks out onto an empty lot of weeds.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My Daughters and I come to Savannah atleast once a year and when we can splurge we book time at the spa, well this time we were disapointed My Daughter purchased and anti aging facial with exfoliation and she called ahead to ask if she still could go out into the sun to shop on river stree, and was told yes no problem and they would apply sun screen for her, well after she got her treatment she was told to PURCHASE sunscreen at the gift shop and apply it, and she could not get her face wet, well we had planned on going in the sauna and steam room and jacuzzi, so that became spoiled if they had told her ahead we would of come early and did those things first. then after we checked out we were told because we used our bank cards which can be used for debit or credit and none of us were asked our pin number we were told we SHOULDNT be charger a 20% charge which will be held on our cards for 5 to seven days then it would just drop off but because we hadnt given our pin numbers it would go through as credit and no hold should be in place, well guess what yep the hold was on immediatley , so now we have to call and speak to the manager give our card info. and she will see what she can do to get it back on soon :( well like I said we come at least once a year, and this is not the only spa in Savannah. Diane Quick

Room Tip: we did not stay at the horel just used the Magnolia Spa services
Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane Q
GA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

From the time we arrived, Brittney Black at the front desk made it a great experience. We were upgraded and since we had two rooms, tried to get both riverfront. We were not able to the first night but she assured us we could move the next day and all of us have riverfront. All we had to do was make sure everything was packed up and they would take care of it. As promised, we came back Friday from sightseeing and all of our things were moved to the new room. All we had to was get the keys from the front desk. The rooms were great, they were very accommodating. Whatever we asked for, they brought it to us and checked back to make sure we got what we asked for. They were very helpful for taxi's and food as well. If you are going anywhere near town, make sure to use the $3pp golf cart taxi. This was a little less traditional but so much fun. The concierge service was closed over the weekend but we were given tickets for breakfast for the rest of the weekend. They were included with a nice hand written note from Brittney under out door the first night.

Room Tip: The riverfront rooms are nice for the view and fresh air but our first night we had the internal roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's at the end of the main drag in Savannah and kind of far from that. Additionally, its not the nicest Marriott, let aone hotel in the area. Next time I'd stay elsewhere. So, location is a con, and the facility itself isnt very nice. Somewhat bizarre set up in the lobby and outdated.

Further, they try and charge you exorbitant rates for EVERYTHING. THERE IS NO FREE WIFI IN THE HOTEL ROOMS!!! Or in the conference rooms. I'm sorry, but at 200 buck at night, I EXPECT wifi in my room. Get with the program, management. Can't tell you how much business you're losing on that alone. They also charge $5.50 intially for the first eight minutes in the "business" center, and .60 per minute thereafter. Also .65 per page to print (I'm here on business). I find these rates disgusting given the price of the hotel.

Also - I'm here for a conference and asked for a power cord in the conference room. I was told there would be a charge for that. Ridiculous. Based on this would never stay again. Kiss my corporate business goodbye!!!

Room Tip: My colleagues say the Bohemian is great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business