“Clean hotel, enjoyed the view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savannah Marriott Riverfront

Savannah Marriott Riverfront
Ranked #46 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Clean hotel, enjoyed the view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We traveled to Savannah on our drive to Florida for something different and were pleasantly surprised! Loved the hotel and the view of the river, we actually sat outside one evening and just watched all of the river traffic go by, it was neat.

Also loved visiting the Savannah Candy Company!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Korean first
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed on the top floor which is a secured floor and usually has some benefits to it. I was a little disappointed because there was no refrigerator or really anything special. It was very clean and the staff was really nice. Everyone there was really on top of things. It is convient and a very short walk to anything on the river. Im mean within 4 to 5 minutes from your room. Parking is covered with your room and is added to it for about $19. Now I dont know what the rate for the regular rooms are, but including tax, our room was about $300 per night. Costly, yes, but you could get to anything by foot. Convinience in a place like Savannah cost a bit more than one might expect. A little planning and booking ahead of time probably would have helped. The have an indoor pool, a great restaurant, and a nice bar. Our room had a balcony to the interior of the hotel which was nice.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Savannah Riverfront for a conference he was attending. I was prepared to dislike it, since I'm usually a small hotel kind of person. We'd been to Savannah in the past and loved it, but we'd stayed in smaller places. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. While the hotel is large, the employees make every guest feel welcome and special, right down to the guys who repair things. Not a single person failed to wish me a good day or to ask if there was anything they could do for me. The service in the restaurant and bar was also exemplary -- and while the full breakfast buffet is expensive ($15), the made-to-order omelets are terrific!

We drove and parked in their lot, which has a daily charge. At first, I was prepared to resent this, but we found it great to have the choice of covered or open parking and to be able to come and go without having to call (and tip) a valet. The daily charge protects your vehicle and assures you have a place to park. All parking areas seemed to have easy access to a hotel entrance.

We had a room with a balcony onto the inside atrium. I didn't find the atrium too hot and humid, as others complained of. I get claustrophobic in rooms with no outside windows, but that wasn't a problem at the Marriott. The whole wall of the room opening to the balcony was window and the atrium has an entire wall of glass directly onto the river, as well as a glass covered roof. There was ample natural light in our room, and walking onto the balcony got me a beautiful, protected view of the river and the ships traveling on it. It was cold and rainy part of the time we were there, so I actually appreciated the inside balcony.

The hotel is at the very end of Bay Street, where it turns into McIntosh, so it's a little walk to the historic district, but I have a bad knee and I'm over 65, and it wasn't a problem for me. And you get the beautiful river amid immaculately manicured grounds to enjoy while you're at the hotel.

The only thing I can fault this hotel for is the daily wifi charges. Since we were there for a conference, the charges were waived, but the everyday traveler has to pay each day. In this day and age, there's really no excuse for that.

Overall, the Marriott Riverfront won me over!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have actually stayed here at least 3 times and would not stay anywhere else in Savannah!! The hotel is on the riverfront so you can walk down the entire riverfront to shopping, restaurants and so much more!! We also caught the trolley in front of our hotel everyday if we wanted to go the Historic District, so we did not have to drive anywhere! You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Riverfront for two nights on points for a family members wedding. Everything was good..... nothing to rave about or complain about. The hotel itself seemed a little old but definitely very clean. The location is at the end of River Street so you get a little break from the crowds and noise. Service was excellent but we didn't utilize much. We didn't use room service, valet, concierge, spa etc... If you are Marriott only customer then I did hear that the SpringHill Suites Historic District was excellent and still walking distance to all the fun stuff for a lot cheaper.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a typical Marriott--which I mean as a compliment. Rooms are spacious, clean, and well maintained. Ours overlooked the river. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I was there for a conference, and the rooms were very stuffy, but the weather outside was unpredictable, too. The only major issue I experienced concerned food service. When I tried to order a snack at the bar, I was told by the only person working, the bartender, that it might take a little while since, as he explained, one kitchen provides for the bar, room service, and the restuaurant. I appreciated his honesty, and we went elsewhere. Overall, food quality is just about average, and service is slow, or non-existent. When I tried to call room service, the phone rang two dozen times and no one ever answered. The only bright spot in my food experience there was a woman who cooked omelets one morning for breakfast. I wish I'd gotten her name. She loves her job--and life itself--and it was a pleasure to meet her. I was telling someone about her just today. This was the fourth or fifth time I've stayed at this hotel. I go back for the location. But I wish they'd up the game a bit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rolando M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Riverfront on our way through Savannah. I loved the location -- right on the river, close to the historic district, but not overcrowded. We were upgraded to a suite as Marriott cardmembers, which had an impressive view of the river. The concierge arranged for dinner at a nice restaurant with jazz just up the street which we enjoyed as well. We jumped on the trolley tour right outside the door -- convenient and a nice overview of what is available. Staff was consistently helpful and friendly. The only downside was a smallish bar on the first floor which was not comfortable or inviting. Otherwise, a great stop.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple