“Exceptional, professional hospitality at Savannah Marriott”

Savannah Marriott Riverfront
Ranked #45 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Forget the B & B's live well here! Very well trained and friendly staff, acknowledged us regularly and engaged us warmly during each enty and exit. The exterior of this property is a bit deceiving, while nice and secured, it belies the very impressive interior space, which looks recently renovated. We had a direct, large and comfortable waterfront room and the huuuge freighters going by were astonishing in size. Great bed. We took the short, free ferry ride down to the riverfront restaurants and enjoyed the short after-dinner walk back. Savannah Mariott, my new favorite hotel in the city!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great place to stay the riverfront is so cool. Close walking distance to most of the cool spots. The dining in that area was wounderful and a trip to Tybee island a must. The guest check in was fast and fun yes fun. The resturant on site a little over priced for the area, just a short walk to great places to eat. The room we had was on the north side of the hotel with a small balcony to enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After much research, I decided to give this hotel a try and really have no regrets. I had not planned on spending a lot of time in my room and wanted to be on or near the riverwalk, so this hotel met my needs. Easy access to all of the shops on the riverwalk. We had a nice stroll and I enjoyed shopping. I advise early check-out as the hotel elevators are tied up around check-out time and you will end up getting frustrated waiting--I opted to take the stairs. If you drive to Savannah, pack your suitcase(s) the night before and load them in your vehicle. We stayed on the lower level so by the time the elevator got to our floor it was full. This is by no means a 5 star hotel and that's okay--it is clean and the ambiance is nice--easy check-in and out.

Things I wish someone had told me: ask for bottled water from the cleaning staff because they will not leave it in your room if you don't ask (they have it on the carts). Refrigerators are provided upon request--so if you don't ask for one you don't get one, and be cautious of the toilet as it may suck you in upon flushing.

Room Tip: If the rooms facing the riverfront are unavailable ask for the terrace view and you can still see so...
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Amazing Service! We arrived earlier than expected, spoke with Kathy at the front desk & she immediate found us a room then allowed an early check-in. The hotel is beautiful, modern decor with spacious halls plus we never had to wait on an elevator (very nice after a long day). The room was over sized, very clean, looked recently updated and modern. I loved the Friendly Faces everywhere from the Moment you walk in the door we were greeted by EVERY staff member - they speak, smile ask how your day is, if you need anything - very sincere and unbelievably nice. Southern Hospitality at it's BEST! The bartenders Glenn and Bryan were super nice (made the best margarita I've ever had), the concierge Steve made sure all our questions were answered he took time and called right then to make our reservations. I found this very convenient. There is so much to do in Savannah it's nice to have someone listen to your specific interest then help craft your stay so you maximize your memories & experiences during the time you have. Location is awesome, it's a short walk to where every you want to be while remaining quite and relaxing. LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF OUR STAY -- It's worth every penny to know you are going to receive wonderful service! One last note, the bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in with tons of fluffy pillows!!!! We have found our new favorite spot!!! Can not wait to return! Oh Yes, check out was a no hassle... I was amazed at how the whole process flowed from check in to check out, very professional. I recommend this hotel for everyone :) We stayed 3 nights, 4 days. Friday-Monday for a couples retreat.

Room Tip: We stayed Riverfront on the 4th floor. It was high enough to have a wonderful view, loved the balcon...
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is in an awesome spot. Its located just steps from the Riverwalk...and its at the end of the river walk which is nice because it makes a great circuit to walk river, then Bay back or vice versa.

The hotel has nice balconies. Its pricey because it can be and parking is overpriced, but room service is decently priced.

I tried to order some stuff from the room service menu and they were out which is always a bummer.

The rooms could use some cleaning in the bathrooms especially. I noticed that the walls needed a good wiping down and I don't like that there are no fans.

I didn't allow cleaning in the room one day because I had a hectic schedule and they dropped off a great little basket at the door with towels, soaps, etc. Nice touch. Helped bump the score.

The view rocks and seeing the gigantic ocean cargo ships arriving in the port is just spectacular. I also saw some dolphins.

Savannah is just a kick butt city with a ton of fun restaurants and bars. Not a great city to take small kids and ladies...based on the amount of people that fell on the river walk cobble stone during the "cobble wobble" you should wear flats and leave kids at home.

Think Key West meets ancient Southern Country style hospitality. A fun and eclectic place, but not a small children place.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the river or you are wasting your money.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CreagP
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Excellent all around. From the moment we pulled up, the staff was outstanding. Every single employee greeted us each time we passed them during our stay. The room was extremely clean, along with all the other facilities. Hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of River Street. Complimentary breakfast was provided in the hospitality suite on the 6th and was just enough. I would definitely stay here again and again. Great atmosphere, Great employees, Great location.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had the privilege of staying at the Marriott Savannah Riverfront a while ago. I am a born and raised Kentucky girl and know what southern hospitality should look like and feel like. The Marriott Riverfront hit every style point with one exception. The exception was the bartender. He was much better as a waiter. At the bar, he was so busy watching an Alabama vs GA game that he neglected those of us at the bar. As I said he was the exception. Everything else was too wonderful to describe. The in-room service and menu choices were superb. My partner and I had different dishes and we shared our meals and groaned aloud from the goodness. The room was located on one of the key floors (a surprise) and I felt like I was in the lap of luxury. Another friend was located on a lower floor, but received great service and accommodations as well.
The rooms were clean, had wi-fi internet connections, and housekeeping fulfilled requests in quick order.
Breakfast in the restaurant was served in a timely manner and made a great start to a busy day.
The hotel's location was situated so that a walk to the Old Town area was easily accessible and
a late night cab ride from Old Town was convenient.
The end of my stay at the hotel was the key that makes me want to return. On a beautiful fall Sunday morning, my partner and I sat on the veranda we had spotted from the restaurant and leisurely talked and watched the cargo ships pass by. Other residents of the hotel intermittently joined in our conversation as if all of us were casual friends. We checked out after enjoying our veranda time wishing we could have continued the leisurely moments.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends