“Ohhhh, sneaky fees!!!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Severn, MD
“Ohhhh, sneaky fees!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

Ok, I think I will start my review with something positive. There were two king size beds in our room. Ok, that is it.

I really hate sneeky fees. I stay about 20 hotel nights per year and almost exclusively with comfort/quality inns. So I know rate policies fairly well. This hotel had a "second person fee", which I have never seen in this chain. That is the main reason they are getting 2 stars.

While I understand it was New Years, this whole hotel was a zoo till 4-5 am.

The hotel was in a rough area.

The rooms, while clean, were not as updated as other choice hotels in the area.

In general, I would suggest you steer clear.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skylighter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Jacksonville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2009

I took my 2 adult daughters and their little ones to Savannah and this hotel over Mother's Day weekend 2009. The pool was off limits because of city health rules. At some point on our stay the pool reopened, but my daughters (from Florida with plenty of pool experience) refused to swim. I was sad and disappointed with is hotel. Sad too is there is no Business Center.

We had 2 sleeping rooms. The rooms were large enough but my room was not so good. My room smelled like old cigar smoke. Yes, it was a clean room, but the smoke smell was nasty. I was so sad about the pool I couldnt wait to check out of this hotel.

The hotel staff was nice, but the stay was not what was advertised when I found it on line. I pd almost $170.00 for 2 rooms (for 1 night) and I was not happy with my stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank elizmichael
Kenosha WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

We had booked Confort Inn & Suites Midtown (Savannah) by phone the evening before. No research on our part - big mistake.
Upon arrival we found this hotel was just blocks from an Army Air Base & other older hotels.
Some staff was slow, some did not speak any english. Still were polite.
The building is aging and not maintaned. Serious safety issue with non working smoke alarm in room (no batteries and unpluggd from hard wiring). Carpet was disgusting. Vertical gap in door frame. Mold on bathroom ceiling, toilet paper rolls wouldn't dispence.
Pool: Could have been vaccumed but staff busy chatting. Not a hint of chlorine.
This wasn't the worst place I have ever stayed. It is high on that list - due to safety issue of the non working smoke detector.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LeonardEnglish

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

This hotel was fine, an average comfort inn, room was ordinary, the breakfast was minimal and the entire stay was uneventful, hence the average recommendation. The room was just okay, not too large, really no amenities but for the most part, it was clean. I was a little concerned about the location, security, etc, but we didnt have a problem that evening.
We enjoyed Savannah, a great place to visit and this hotel was really too far out from the downtown area and the various "squares" in the town. Next time, would stay closer to the sites.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

My visit to Savannah was last minute. The staff at the Midtown was most accommodating to our needs, and eagerly made alternative arrangements for us. Thanks to the staff for their great service, especially the manager!

• Stayed May 2009
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2009

This is one of the most disgusting hotels we have stayed at. When we got there the clerks were behind the curtain at the counter doing who knows what. The room carpet was very dirty and the entire place was dark and dingy. We came in very late and would have left to find another spot if the night was not already half over.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2008

We booked 12 rooms for my graduation from Savannah State University. The hotel manager quoted us a rate for $59.00 per room with double beds. I thought wow that’s a good deal. When we all checked in I realized that they charged us $62.50 for each room and an additional $6.00 for each person. I said something about the charge and he said, “we will take care of it when you check out”. So I got the room key and went to look at the room. When I got to the room the smell was terrible. It smelt like must and mold. So I went to the front desk, told them my issue and they changed my room. The next room they gave me I opened the door and the carpet was soaked! The toilet was clogged up and over flowing. YUCK! So this time when I went to the front desk I was very very irratated. The manager apologizes and gave me another room. Keep in mind this is my 3rd room change. So I went to this room and finally it was okay….I thought. Later on that night I tried to us the bathroom and the toilet didn’t flush correctly. The toilet was clogged. I was pissed! So most of my guest were unhappy with the hotel so they were upset which made me more upset. So when we checked out on Sunday, the manager would not take the extra money off the bill. But he did take off the safe deposit fee on the bill. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Please, if you want to enjoy your stay in Savannah don’t stay here Seriously!

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PlusSizeBarbie