See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 16, 2008

We booked 12 rooms for my graduation from Savannah State University. The hotel manager quoted us a rate for $59.00 per room with double beds. I thought wow that’s a good deal. When we all checked in I realized that they charged us $62.50 for each room and an additional $6.00 for each person. I said something about the charge and he said, “we will take care of it when you check out”. So I got the room key and went to look at the room. When I got to the room the smell was terrible. It smelt like must and mold. So I went to the front desk, told them my issue and they changed my room. The next room they gave me I opened the door and the carpet was soaked! The toilet was clogged up and over flowing. YUCK! So this time when I went to the front desk I was very very irratated. The manager apologizes and gave me another room. Keep in mind this is my 3rd room change. So I went to this room and finally it was okay….I thought. Later on that night I tried to us the bathroom and the toilet didn’t flush correctly. The toilet was clogged. I was pissed! So most of my guest were unhappy with the hotel so they were upset which made me more upset. So when we checked out on Sunday, the manager would not take the extra money off the bill. But he did take off the safe deposit fee on the bill. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Please, if you want to enjoy your stay in Savannah don’t stay here Seriously!

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PlusSizeBarbie
Reviewed November 17, 2008

After I booked my stay (for three nights), I checked the reviews here and was pretty worried. Things were certainly better then many of the reviews here portray.

The hotel was in a relatively safe area (near the mall and a bunch of other hotels and restaurants), my room was clean, and I was even upgraded to a room with a king size bed and a kitchenette for free. The breakfast was nothing great, but was about what I expected (cheap bagels, muffins, cereal, coffee,and juice).

However, the billing at the hotel was a little on the sketchy side. BE CAREFUL!

I booked through the Comfort Inn website and I noticed at the bottom of my confirmation in small letters it said "the total price is an estimate." i.e. there is no guarantee that you will get the price you booked at.

When I arrived, they swiped my credit card. The clerk said I would not be billed until checkout. I later checked my online statement and they billed me right away.

In addition, when I checked out, my bill was $6 over what I booked it online for. I asked the clerk about this discrepancy, and he just shrugged and said it was "taxes and stuff." I asked again, why this was different then what I booked at, and he couldn't explain.

After looking at the bill more carefully, I noticed it was mostly from a $1.50 per night "safe fee". I asked him about this and he told me it was because I used the safe in the room. I acknowledged that I did, but I told him I was billed for it before I had even used it.

He refused to remove this fee and said the "company made the hotel do it". He showed me the rates I signed for when I checked it and the $1.50 "safe fee" was on there.

Make sure you read the rates carefully before you sign and don't get caught paying that stupid "safe fee".

Even though the fee was small, I felt the hotel was completely dishonest with their billing practices. If I wasn't as careful, I'm sure they would have easily tried to take advantage of me.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 1, 2008

Oh how I wish I would have read the reviews here before we booked this hotel! The room, while quite large, was musty, worn, and had a "unclean creepy" feeling to it. The very worst part was the breakfast buffet. The coffee pot was empty and very little selection of anything. I touched something and it was sticky so I went into the lobby bathroom to wash my hands and it was SO DISGUSTING that I just had to leave immediately. I would NEVER stay here again - I do NOT recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed May 27, 2008

checked in and immediately realized a mistake. room smelled to high heavens of smoke and dirt. looked around and a Chameleon lizard was crawling on the wall. exited immediately. got our money and ran.
stayed at Marriott Courtyard on Abercorn down the street for same rate with excellent accomodations.
What ever you do read the reviews and believe them. we have reported everything to Comfort corporate.
This hotel should be close down immediately.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2008

First time reviewer--felt compelled since my girlfriend read these reviews after I'd already reserved. This hotel is just on the edge of the city, and is in the same neighborhood with some much higher priced hotels such as Marriott. I stay in hotels almost every week for my work, and I don't hesitate to stay at a Comfort Inn if I need a decent, clean room at a fair price. Good value.

Stayed: April 2008