“Comfortable beds”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Letts, Iowa
“Comfortable beds”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place has the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in! Staff was friendly and had a pretty good continental breakfast. Parking is a bit expensive at $12 a night but it keeps your car off the street I guess.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HeidiS36

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My Girl Scout troop stayed here for a Mother-Daughter weekend. The breakfast pleased everyone, with a waffle iron, pastries, eggs etc. Each afternoon there was a tray of cookies and punch and there are also baskets of fresh fruit available. Upon arrival we were presented with a troop gift. There is a small, heated indoor pool that my troop swam in the night we arrived. The hotel is walking distance to the Juliette Gordon Lowe home and the River Walk, but far enough away that we weren't disturbed by nightlife bars. The hotel is a little dated but I expected that for the low prices we were paying and the hotel more than made up for this with the hospitality outlined above. Exceeded expectations!

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor as the swimming pool is on this floor and I know my troop was loud!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia T
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Traveled with my husband for the first time on his job assignment and should have stayed home. I am executive housekeeper at another hotel in another city and I know when a room is not clean. My finding were as followed:bed sheets worned and had black spots on, floor was not vacuumed not was the tile on the floor cleaned, paper behind oned night stand and a blue tennis ball behind the other one, a big hair ball in the closet on the floor, a dead roach inside the couch under the pillow along with dibri, stain on the shower curtain, coffeepot had not been cleaned in months along with the coffee maker, no coffee condiments, headboard full of dust along with the top of the clock was full of dust, the micorwave and refigerator inside and outside was dirty and a couple was fighting a few rooms down from our room that kept us up late. The noise was so bad that the guest next to our room packed up and move to another room and if my husband did not have to work the next morning we would have left. The company paid for the room so we didn't want to creat trouble. So I sat down and wrote down all these issues and took them to the front dest where the front desk clerk was talking on here cell phones and when I addressed the issues to her, she told me that they get a lot of complaints from guest and that nothing is ever done about it. I am very glad I didn't pay my money for the room, cause best believe something would have been done about it!!!!! They were friendly people and all but the guestroom cleanliness is aweful!!!!!

Room Tip: Please look in, under, around and behind everything before you decide to stay in these rooms!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JakTown65

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was one of those unpleasant surprises in hotels. Had reserved roll in shower handicap accessible room which I did get but it did NOT have a handheld shower only stationary head! After lengthy argument with manager he did replace the shower head. This was not up to other Comfort Inn & Suites standards that I have stayed in.

• Stayed September 2012
March, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Situated a few miles from the historic area the hotel organised trips with a local company to see the sights with transport there and back if you wanted.

There were a number of places to eat in the vicinity of the hotel - (a tremendous Indian restaurant which I can't remember the name of).

The hotel itself was ok, a clean and tidy room which is all you can ask for but we did have a problem with our room.

The bathroom area was prone to flooding. Every time the toilet was flushed, (fresh), water seeped from the toilet into the bathroom and soaked into the carpet at the door of the bathroom.

We reported this and were told that they would get someone in to repair it.

When we returned to the room and flushed the toilet, not only did the water come from around the toilet but also from where the bath tub met the floor. Again we reported this and were told that someone had been in to see to the original fault, (which was now much worse).

We were offered a new room but we were checking out. We did tell the hotel reception that in our view, until the fault was rectified the room was uninhabitable.

The positive from this experience was that the proprietor did say he had tried to fix the problem the negative is that you really don't want this hassle.

Had it not been for this problem we could have had no complaints and bearing mind we were out of the room most of the time it wasn't really a major problem.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Sometimes you don't have time to really check out your choices ahead of time. I wish I had. My room needed a thorough cleaning. The vanity had been painted at some time with a faux finish, and it was peeling. Very unsightly. Breakfast in the morning was minimal. Several people had to ask for food to be put out. The location of the hotel is out of the way for the downtown activities, so that might affect the choice when staying. The night clerk was very nice and efficient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Mould in bathroom, dirt on floor, old tv, bedding etc.
Wish I had read the other reviews....we are here now and no choice...carpet so greasy, we have to wear shoes between bed and B.R. Shower curtain also broken. Paint required as well. Don't confuse this with a Country Inn. Also AC is noisy.....this is terrible....

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family