“Terrible, don't stay”

Days Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #107 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Mould in bathroom, dirt on floor, old tv, bedding etc.
Wish I had read the other reviews....we are here now and no choice...carpet so greasy, we have to wear shoes between bed and B.R. Shower curtain also broken. Paint required as well. Don't confuse this with a Country Inn. Also AC is noisy.....this is terrible....

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We booked the room on the ride down from Atlanta and I wish that I didn't get car sick so easily and I would have looked at the reviews before booking. I would have booked a nicer place. This is a typical paki owned hotel, the room was dirty but not disgusting. The bathroom was gross, plenty of pubic hair on the floor for us to enjoy. But the bed was actually comfortable believe it or not so it could have been worse. I don't recommend staying here, if this place loses enough business maybe one the owners brother's could get a government subsidized loan and run it in to the ground even more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

After 10 hrs of travelling by car we were so very much looking forward to a nice room ,relax and then dinner. We got a room with the curtain only hanging from the middle hooks-broken rod. Housekeeping not good. The young man at the desk was very nice and said he could not repair the curtain and housekeeping most likely gone for the day so he would change our room. The next room was stuffy and hot. We turned on the ac and left for dinner. On returning room was still hot and stuffy and tv would not come on. Called the young man who came to the room and tried to fix the ac after I had repaired the tv myself. Again housekeeping was bad. He could not repair the ac. We were moved again. By this time it was about 10pm my travel partner was my 83 yr old Mother who was very exhausted so was so hoping things would work out. The room did not cool down until early morning hours so only a couple hours sleep,sink dirty,tub dirty,dead bugs,coffee pot dirty,mirrors smeared. The next morning I spoke with the Manager and she did apologize for the problems and thanked me for letting her know. She was not very interested in hearing the concerns and did not seem to have any concern for us. I asked her to refund our money-she simply said " oh no,we won't do that". I even asked her if she would offer a partial refund. She again said no. I informed her that I would put a review on this web site . She did not care. There was only 6 other cars in the lot so I think the word must be out already and I was unlucky and did not see them. I hope this review will help others not make the same mistake.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Always read the reviews. I just returned home from my trip from Pennsylvania to savannah. We originally booked here but had to cancel. The pool was fluorescent green and lights didn't work. Although the staff was helpful in the cancellation process, the hotel was a bust after 3 different rooms.

We said oh well about the pool. Room 1 had lights out and trashy floor. Room 2 got a bit better but with a cracked tv. Room 3 was the worst with sheets having per stains in them. And toilet wouldn't flush. So we cancelled.

On abercorn street there is a courtyard at Marriott. Yes a bit more expensive but with a blue pool and no problems. Also a hot tub and much better service. The best part is our bed was the most comfortable in the world. Very soft and clean. It was a last minute change and they got us a room still. I was very pleased. 100% at the courtyard. 15% and the UN-comfort inn. Only for an extra $30 total for 2 nights. Book at the courtyard at Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. We had a suite that had a wet bar. Worked out well. They cleaned our room every day and parking was great right in front of room. If you plan to stay here in the weekend call ahead. This place will get booked out. There was a hot breakfast and a out door pool. We were choice members so room rate was reasonable.I guess I was lucky as other reviews were not so good.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite, room was large.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RobertF53
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room had slow drains, a light that flashed, even though off, and generally old and sorry. AC was fine. Find another place.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 74HarryRuby
Reviewed June 23, 2012

While location is good, and delicious restaurants (eg Sushi Zen and King&I) are nearby, hotel itself is very run down. Rooms all face outside/parking lot, more of a motel setting. First room had dirty tub, stained comforters, and broken AC. Second room had similarly dirty tub, toilet, and bedding. Also had broken fridge and broken coffee maker (including replacement coffee maker). Breakfast is standard Comfort Inn selection. Reception employee is very friendly and competent. Owner, though, seems to want to cut corners at all costs. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family