“Great happy hour!”
Review of River Street Inn

River Street Inn
Ranked #24 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We stayed during spring break and WE LOVED IT! We could walk everywhere we wanted to go..we parked the car and walked to a bagel shop for breakfast, got a deal for 3 walking tours, ate lunch at Lady & Sons, and then would come back in the evening for the free wine and cheese happy hour they have....that was the best part too! Great location..cute rooms w/ a nice sweet treat before you go to sleep...pecan praline. It may be kinda expensive, but totally worth it!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2010

My partner and I visited Savannah for the first time on a romantic getaway for the weekend. The hotel was the perfect location, central to everything. The room was large and had a great view. It was clean overall except one major issue..the carpet was filthy. We kept shoes by the bed so if we got up we wouldn't drag dirt back into the bed. The bed was firm but slept well. The air conditioner worked great and the tv was nice although it didn't get many channels. The front desk was quick to respond for extra pillows and the maid left tons of clean towels. Overall it was a great visit and if they got new carpet it would be a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My first visit to Savannah for a girl's weekend so we decided to stay here to be close to everything. I booked a room with a balcony and confirmed this the week before my visit, but when I checked in I was told there were no balcony rooms available. Instead, I was put in a room at the furthest end of the hotel where they were doing maintenance and repair work. There was scaffolding outside my room for the entire visit and at one point I was not able to get into my room because they had left the scaffolding blocking my door. I never received a morning paper even though the room next to me got one everyday. The trash was not emptied for 3 of the 4 days we stayed there and I had to continually ask for clean towels. Dirty towels were left on the bathroom floor and instead of replacing them, housekeeping just folded them and put them back up (wet) on the shelf. Parking was more than a block away and we had to drag our luggage down the street and across a main street to get back to the hotel. When we checked out we called the front desk to get some help with our luggage. Someone brought us a cart then left without even helping us load the cart or get it back downstairs. We had issues with our bill as well that took over an hour at the front desk to straighten out. I wrote a letter to the general manager to share my bad experience, but never received a response! I guess they just don't care!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank redshoelady
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We were lucky enough to get a coupon for this hotel and the hotel was gracious enough to give us a large, lovely room right on the river. Great location! There was also a wine and cheese social that night which also helped make us feel even more welcome. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. We did, however, have some difficulty actually finding it in the pouring down rain because the address is on River Street but the actual front of the hotel and the parking lot are off the street in back and one walks in on the 4th floor.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2010

for location alone you cannot beat this hotel. The window of our bedroom looked straight out onto the big paddle steamers on the Savannah river. the hotel is beautifully and elegantly decorated and furnished with antiques. we were upgraded for free to a large room with four poster bed . The interior of this hotel is amazing with an incredible central staircase you just have to have your photo taken on. A bit disappointed that it does not have its own restaurant so you have wander off to get breakfast / evening meal but on the plus side it does lay on a great complimentary buffet in the bar at about 530pm when you have a drink and you can this out onto the veranda and sit from a rocking chair and watch the riverside bustle and historic quarter. lovely staff at the desk and an area out the front where you can unload your car for 15 minutes although after that you do have to take it to the multistorey across the road and out of sight of the hotel (not the best view)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My husband and I spent a week of vacation at the River Street Inn and the only problem with the hotel was that we could hardly bear to leave. From the time of our check in, the service was truly superior. The rooms were beautiful and the historic ambience of the hotel made it even better. The location was ideal as we could easily walk to many historic sites, shops, and restaurants. We rented a car and were able to conveniently park in the parking garage across the street and simply pay through the hotel at the end of the week. The rooms were clean and they have a wine reception in the evening that had excellent food. My husband especially loved the meatballs. The turn-down service is another great feature with candy and cushy robes. They even fill out a card with the weather forecast for the following day. The little touches made it heavenly and it definately began to feel like home. With so much to see in Savannah, my husband and I have already discussed a return trip with another stay in the River Street Inn.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Very convenient to everything since it is on the River. River side rooms can be noisy at night, which I knew. Room was clean and nice but bed uncomfortable. Front desk very rushed and explained things quickly or left off important details. Garage card did not work so went back to hotel just to be told to go back and push the help button. Went back to garage and was told our card # was invalid. Make sure you check in and unload first, get your parking card then go park your car. Very frustrating for an Inn of this caliber. Overall stay was ok because Savannah is so charming. Would not stay here again though.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business