I chose this hotel for the historic and boutique characteristics. While it is both, in architecture and decor, it was not as comfortable as I had hoped. Hard flat pillows, less than ideal water pressure, and layout brought its marks down a notch. I understand that the buildings limitations make it difficult to be designed in a certain way, but I found it rather inconvenient to have to go up to the 4th floor to go down the hall to a different elevator to get to my room on the (other half of the) 3rd floor. They did, however, provide a nice complimentary wine and cheese hour nightly in the tavern, where you can sit in rocking chairs in the porch and people-watch. I would probably try a different hotel next time I come to savannah. The location is good, if you want to be right on the waterfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built of cobble and ballast stones in 1817, as a cotton warehouse, our converted, historic hotel overlooks the Savannah River, right on River Street. Decorated with period furnishings, four poster beds, oriental rugs, hardwood floors and exposed brick walls, maintaining its historic charm. Located just two blocks from The Olde Pink House and Broughton Street shopping district, cars aren't needed as all is within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your River Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Street Savannah
- River Street Hotel Savannah
- River Street Inn Savannah Ga