We checked into the River Inn, paid extra for a "Room with a view and balcony". They don't tell you that the so called balcony is so tiny.. about 5x3 foot or so.
In the armwour there was note explaining how they hoped we enjoyed the use of the TWO robes, and that there would be a charge of 75.00 if one was missing... well there was only 1 there to begin with. We informed the front desk and they promptly noted it and asked us if we needed a 2nd. I told then no. just make sure we are not charged for something that was never there.
That night, my wife went to take a bath. The drain in the tub would not close so no bath could be taken. So she was going to take a shower. Well, the hot/cold handle turns on but then just spins in circles and it takes you forever to get it to make the water a decent temperature. We diid not bother to call as it was 11PM.
Ordered 2 breakfast meals (WAY overpriced), was only delivered 1 set of silverware. Also, hotel send this order out but keeps a delivery charge and an automatic 18% gratuity. That is according to the meal provider who was very nice and apologetic about the missing silverware. They even offered to provide lunch at no cost if we wanted to come to them.
When went to the front desk to complain about the tub/shower I was greeted by a female employee and a male employee who were in a back office talking about things that had nothing to do with the hotel until they finally noticed me. When I started to tell the female about the problems I was having, she cut me right off telling me that it could not possibly be the hotels fault and then developed quite an attitude. I informed her that all I wanted at this juncture was the managers name and number. The manager number was the main hotel number, that the ver same female employee answered. I left a message for the manager to please call me.... that was almost 2 weeks ago.
Short, it's a fairly nice older place, but it has it's issues and problems. Many of them being the staff and management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built of cobble and ballast stones in 1817, as a cotton warehouse, our converted, historic hotel overlooks the Savannah River, right on River Street. Decorated with period furnishings, four poster beds, oriental rugs, hardwood floors and exposed brick walls, maintaining its historic charm. Located just two blocks from The Olde Pink House and Broughton Street shopping district, cars aren't needed as all is within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your River Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Street Savannah
- River Street Hotel Savannah
- River Street Inn Savannah Ga