We paid extra for a river view and it was worth it as the view is excellent. The room was huge with a hallway(!) The staff on the desk weren't overly friendly but the porters and chambermaids were lovely. We did complain that our bedside table was grubby and was told that it may be stained rather than dirty. This was never confirmed and it stayed that way for our 3 night stay. Despite this I would still recommend this hotel because of the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built of cobble and ballast stones in 1817, as a cotton warehouse, our converted, historic hotel overlooks the Savannah River, right on River Street. Decorated with period furnishings, four poster beds, oriental rugs, hardwood floors and exposed brick walls, maintaining its historic charm. Located just blocks from Broughton Street shopping district & City Market, cars aren't needed, as all is within walking distance; Valet Parking is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your River Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Street Savannah
- River Street Hotel Savannah
- River Street Inn Savannah Ga