“Excellent business meeting facilities and great customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Savannah Desoto

Hilton Savannah Desoto
Ranked #42 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Peachtree City, GA
“Excellent business meeting facilities and great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

We came to this hotel for a three day conference and I was very comfortable the whole time. The front desk staff were fast and very nice. The man who checked me in took my half eaten fruit bar away from me and told me I didn't need it anymore. I thought he was bananas until I got to my room and saw that my husband had a fruit and cheese plate sent to my room to surprise me.
The meeting facilities are spacious and well lighted so you won't fall asleep.
The rooms are big and vey clean. My room faced the street side and I didn't hear a bit of traffic noise at all. In fact, the place was really quiet altogether - and I usually hear everything.
Room service was excellent and the fastest I have ever seen. The staff that brought it up was incredibly friendly.
There are numerous places to eat and shop within easy walking distance.
My only complaints are pretty insignificant to me, but I will list them here in case they are important to you.
The toilet flushed really loud and looooooong. I am not kidding, I never would notice a toilet flush but that thing just kept going and going until I thought I might have to call and ask them how to make it stop. Maybe mine was just broken?
The TV channels are very limited - I never did find Dr Phil, so I took a star off just for the injustice of that.
The Internet access was free (yay!), but it was so slow that I used my portable hotspot instead.
There was no fridge in the room to store my cheese plate.

I really liked this hotel. I never met a cranky staff member, I never heard any disturbing or annoying noise, the room was always clean and neat and I was very comfortable while having to be away from my family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed with 3 friends from college. We were up close and personal, but we had a clean room, a balcony, a great view and good customer service. We were walking distance to most everything and when we took a cab to get closer to the river, it was only $3.50. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

Pros:
Great location, easy walking to everything.
Great view!
Large, clean room.
Convenient snack bar downstairs with Starbucks.
Decent Priceline price of $65 per night on a weekend.

Cons:
Parking is $13 per day and a pain to get in and out of garage.
Elevators are possessed and take forever. They stop randomly.
No vent in bathroom. Ew!
Shower would go from scolding hot to ice cold and had no pressure.
Only about 20 channels in our room.
Walls are thin and can get noisy.

Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

My husband and I visited this hotel a year ago and were very disappointed, the room was old, dingy and very dirty. The staff was not too helpful as well. We decided to try the Hilton Desoto again since we readmit had been renovated some were hoping for a "complete" renovation including the staff as well. We arrived Jan. 16 for 1 night at 4:30pm, our suite was not ready but we didn't know that until we
Had brought all of our luggage up to the 5th floor and the housekeeper informed us that it was not even close to being ready. After waiting in the lobby (with our 3 children) for almost 45 minutes, we were able to get our room. There was one lady at the front counter and the gal behind the bar who were friendly to us, other than that the staff was very unfriendly. We had the 1 bedroom suite, king bed and pull out sofa bed. The room was ok, not very clean (probably due to having to rush). When we were ready to put our kids to bed, we opened the sofa to find yellow tape wrapped around the bed b/c it was broke, no one told us that when we paid $254.00 for the suite to accommodate 5 people. We called to the front desk and they saidnthey would send 2 addtl roll away beds(we had one already). This was 9pm, we waited and waited and had to call again to get the beds brought up. All in all, we had a bad experience, the hotel does not seem to be managed well, we usually stay at the Hyatt on the river and have been very pleased. Will not return to the Hilton Desoto.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank Lisa B
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

My husband and I booked the Hilton Desoto on Priceline. We were very pleasantly surprised upon checking into the hotel - everything was spotless, and the staff was ever so accommodating. You are truly in the center of the historic district - 5 minutes to Forsyth Park, 5 minutes to Broughton street, 7 minutes to River Street. The bed was so comfortable, and the balcony overlooking the city gave us a birds eye view of everything! Combined with the deal we got on Priceline, it was a perfect choice! We will be back!

Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton deSoto for a weekend getaway. We really enjoyed our stay here as the hotel was in a good location. We were able to walk to the river (approx 15 minutes stroll). A nice Gourmet market is less than a block away. They sell gourmet food, wine, beer, snacks, fresh cooked breakfast and they are open 24 hours.
Coffee maker is in the room. We asked for a mini-fridge and they brought it up within 10 minutes (depends on availability).
Since we were very tired the first night we ate in the onsite restaurant for the Friday night buffet. It was $24.95 and had a variety of food, salad bar, and best off all crablegs. The crablegs were big and the best I have eaten in a long time. Definately worth the money. I didn't get to try the peach cobbler or pie as I was stuffed.
Parking is in basement of hotel. You just have to take the elevator and walk to your car. Parking is $13 for self park.. I think Valet is $17 but we decided why wait on someone else to get your car when you can just get in it and go.
We would probably stay here again in the future, unless we find a great deal closer to River street. (ps: McDounough's pub is right around the corner, Zunzi's restaurant about 2 small blocks away)

1 Thank Nickymjw1
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

My friends and I had a great time. Only used the hotel to crash for New Years Eve. Don't leave any personals behind. The cleaning staff is dishonest and will not turn them over to lost and found. Steve, in charge of lost and found, does not return phone calls in a timely manor. GREAT LOCATION!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends