“Best Hotel”

Ranked #44 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
San Diego
“Best Hotel”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

From the first time walking into the hotel, registration, bell staff, concierge, gift shop, room, room service, room and restaurant buffet breakfast, everything was amazing. I have never been to a hotel that was more comfortable and had a better staff than this Hilton Desoto Savannah. I highly recommend this hotel. Also my sister and I had rented handicap scooters and the young bell man who helped us was someone i would recommend for employee of the year.

Room Tip: Any room in the hotel would be a good one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
stephenralston, Manager at Hilton Savannah Desoto, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us and we appreciate you staying with us . We are happy to see you had a great stay and we hope your future travels to Savannah bring you back to us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights. The staff at the check in we're super nice. Had a corner balcony room and loved it! My only complaint was the housekeeping staff was not up to this hotel's standards. When we returned to our room after housekeeping had been there, our dirty glasses had not been picked up nor replaced, did not receive a bath mat replacement, and did not receive the complimentary water replacement.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denah B
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with. Your guest feedback is very important to us. I apologize for the issues with housekeeping and will address this issue. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Lake George, New York
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for a wedding, the rate we received was average for a Hilton, based on the reviews our expectations were set high. The first night we attempted to shower and the water was only cold, no hot water. We called the front desk and they sent a maintenance man who said he fixed it. We had to leave for dinner without showering so we didn't have a chance to test the water. When we returned to the room we attempted to shower and the fixture was still broken. I called the front desk and they were extremely rude to me but sent another maintenance tech. He said that the whole fixture would have to be replaced and it wasn't something they could fix that night. He said I would have to stay in the room that night, because they are sold out, and to call the front desk in the morning to get reassigned to another room. I called the front desk first thing in the morning and they said they didn't have a room available and weren't sure when one would open up or be cleaned. The associate I was speaking to actually hung up on me. I called back and the manager answered, I said are you the person that just hung up on me? He said No, this is the manager. I told him what was happening and he said he would call when a room was available. We didn't get a room until that afternoon. They didn't offer any type of compensation for not being able to shower the entire time we had been there so far. I had to ask the manager if there was something he could offer us. He said what did you have in mind? I said I don't know, what do you typically offer in situations like this? He said I can buy you dinner here at the hotel this evening. I said I am here for a wedding this evening, that is not going to work. I told him that the right thing to do would be to comp me for the night I had to stay in a room with a non-working shower. He did so reluctantly. Yes, the location is great, but for the money I think you could definitely find better.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a corner room by the bar, it's so loud! I think it's called Pin...
1 Thank Jenny B
We’re very sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.
Hopewell Jct., United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and in a prime location in the historic district. The lobby is incredible and the room clean. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the great feedback on the hotel and the team! I will relay your feedback to them as well, We look forward to seeing you in the future if coming to Savannah!
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights. Front desk were welcoming, valet helpful with suggestions and directions. Room was clean and comfortable. Little small. Great water pressure. About eight blocks from waterfront. Hotel has nice views. Many parks in area. Hotel pool clean and refreshing. Room service slow.

• Stayed June 2013
stephenralston, Manager at Hilton Savannah Desoto, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your business and hope to have you stay with us again.
Valdosta, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great, safe property in the heart of Savannah. Family friendly, romantic if you want it to be, and a good place for business to escape the cattle call feeling of those 'Businessmen" chains. wonderful food and the valet guys know there stuff about the ins and outs of Sav.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We appreciate you staying with us and the great feedback on the location. Were happy to see you had a great stay and we hope your future travels to Savannah bring you back to us!
Wadsworth, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Location in historic district, close to shops and restaurants. A "healthy" walk to the River restaurants and shops but since I love to walk and look at all the old homes, architecture, etc... it was perfect for us. Absolutely safe walking back to our hotel from the River area late at night. The bartender was very informative about the area, the history, and made as many good recommendations as the concierge! Would stay there again, only complaint is the mattress wasn't as firm as most hotels.