“The perfect Savannah inn”
Review of Planters Inn

Planters Inn
Ranked #19 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We arrived in the evening and the staff were great. We were traveling with our 4-month-old daughter, and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Cranor, from the bell desk helped us during the whole trip--it is nice to meet someone who can help you end-to-end. He patiently unloaded all of our baby gear from the car with our suitcases and did a great job getting us settled into our balcony room. The balcony is beautiful for overlooking Reynolds Square. A sax was playing on the square that night as we sat enveloped in the Azalea-scented breeze. Two people had recommended The Pink House and I was delighted to know we could have room service from there. Cranor again appeared with a wonderful spread. Many people will tell you so... the flounder is not to be missed.

The next morning after enjoying breakfast in the mezzanine, our carriage picked us up at the front door as we stepped back in time on a slow, leisurely one-horse ride through the old squares.

The room was great with a beautiful bathroom and fine bedding. Also, plenty of space for a pack and play and a room-service dinner table. They had free wireless connection to internet and an artful, 19th century antique decor. You can't beat the location, because it is right on one of the old squares, perfect for getting around the town on foot--definitely no need for a car.

Planters even stored our luggage and kept our car in a covered garage (fee) through the afternoon. Cranor loaded the car and helped us get on our way.

For couples or couples with a baby, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,834)

Reviewed April 10, 2010

The room was very clean and very comfortable. The hotel provides many extra services, and the staff were very helpful. It was within walkig distance of everything we wanted to do in Savannah.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Simply put there was nothing we did not enjoy about this hotel. The people were all nice, the location is amazing, the breakfast was wonderful, the room was comfortable and relaxing and even the cookies are out of this world. If you travel on the weekend, just be sure to park the car yourself as the garage across the street is free. If you are looking for a bit of culture and delicious food check out the Pink house next door, one of the first readings of the Constitution was done there and the food is good too.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Traveled with my mother and my teenage daughter. Fun for all. Room for all. Great staff, especially the valets. Central location perfect for historic district. No pool that I saw but not the season for one or time to use one. Can't wait to stay there again with husband, son and daughter.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This quaint, small inn is located within walking distance of just about everything in the downtown Savannah historic area. It is right across the street from a large square and several good restaurants are just steps away. The Lucas Theater is right on the square as well. The rooms are on the small side, but nicely appointed. However, they are not the best for business travel as you kind of have to make do with a table to use as a desk. The WiFi is free, however. The breakfast spread is nice, as well as the wine and cheese reception each evening. These are good opportunities to meet fellow guests. Overall, I try to stay at the Planters Inn whenever I travel to Savannah for business or pleasure. Toby Olson, Marietta, GA

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2010

The facility is extremely well kept, clean and comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay pleasant. I intend to return to Savannah in the future and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed at Planters Inn for a long weekend. I chose the hotel based on comments here and recommendations from friends. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The valet parking was quick, the desk was very responsive when we called to get a remote for our tv and also to have ice delivered. Each evening (except Sunday) there was a wine and cheese reception in the lobby that was very nice. Breakfast was also included each morning--nice selection of hot and cold food, nice staff. We had only two complaints. I booked the room online after carefully reading the room descriptions. After booking, I called the hotel directly and talked to them about changing it to a room with a balcony overlooking the square, which was available at a premium. I was so shocked when I walked out on our lovely but small balcony to find it was shared with the room next door. To make it worse, our balcony-mates were smoking (the entire hotel, inside and on the balconies is non-smoking). I called to see if we could switch to a room without a shared balcony and was told that all of the rooms with balconies were shared balconies. I was so disappointed. The desk did however speak to the other guests about the smoking and there were no other problems with that. What irked me was that in none of the room descriptions or in my phone calls did anyone tell me that the balconies were shared. Would I stay again, yes. Would I spend the extra money for a balcony room, no.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple