“Great Stay”
Review of Planters Inn

Planters Inn
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We loved the hotel and the staff. Service was excellent. Breakfast and wine social were most enjoyable. Not least the price was right!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,877)

Reviewed March 6, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Planter's Inn in Savannah. From the moment we pulled up in our car to the door we felt welcomed and catered to. The hotel is well cared for and the furnishings elegant. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. A few days before our arrival we received an em ail with directions to the hotel and the offer to make dinner reservations on our behalf (an offer we took advantage of). The location of the hotel is excellent, right in the historic district within walking distance of all of the squares and River Street. We would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

The Planters Inn is the perfect place to stay in Savannah. Close to the river, in the historic district-within walking distance to many museums, historic homes, wonderful restaurants, etc. The rooms are nicely decorated, the service is wonderful-truly a most delightful experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2010

i stayed at the planter inn in savannah, ga. it was a great time. the service was great. i used the valet parking it was 14.00 a day. and it worked out great. i didnt have to drive at all to get to places. the front desk or karen the concierge will call and set everything up for you. so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy. everything we wanted to do... they helped us out to get reservations for tours and dinners. and then we were picked up out front of the hotel and taken to the places. it was great. sure you need to tip but its better then wasting time doing it your self. then after all the fun in the day when you get back to your room you will have cookies waiting for you i your room from the turn down girls. but if you get room 303 beware because your not alone. i was watching tv one night and i saw someone run from the bathroom to the window and then back to the bathroom the curtains moved. and then in the middle of the night i was waken by a little boy standing at the foot of the bed. it was scary but hey what else do you want when your staying in the most haunted town. so i will recommend the planter inn to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

The room was far too small for the rate we paid and the walls are very thin. The bathroom drain was clogged and we told the staff and they charged MY credit card. It was not on the bill when we left and when we got home they charged an additional 35.00 dollars to my credit card. I called the inn and they told me to call back between 8-4. I still have not gotten any answers from them. Not to mention the staff members were often rude and condescending. Find another inn I have no idea how they ranked so high, but we will not be returning.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rechatham1
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay at the Planters Inn. Fabulous Location, Wonderful Staff and Great Amenities. I will recommend it to all my clients and friends who are visiting Savannah. I wish I could have stayed longer. :-)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Just a pleasure from check-in, the valet coming to my car & helping, right through to the check-out, needing the bill split & adjusted for myself & my friend who shared the room. Truthfully once I made the reservation, the email that the Inn sent if I needed info or whatever was great. The bed was so comfortable, the bathroom clean & the wine & cheese get together in the evening was great-good wines & munchies-yum-o. The only downside is that the breakfast area is small/tight when it becomes busy, a nice breakfast selection. I do understand that the Inn is stuck for space but that was the only downside I could say. Great staff & so attentive.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo