“Staff extremely nice & helpful”

Planters Inn on Reynolds Square
Ranked #19 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Hampton, GA
Reviewed August 15, 2004

Room was beautiful. Staff was very helpful and nice. I would definitely stay here again!

Louisville,Ky
Reviewed July 27, 2004

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded August 15, 2004

Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed July 13, 2004

Savannah is a lovely city to visit. Our trip began with a wonderful taxi driver from the airport and continued through an extended stay at Planters Inn. ALL of the employees were: friendly, courteous, patient, helpful and knowledgeable as well. The Inn, which is now almost completely restored was quiet and clean. A feeling of warmth and homeyness prevailed. We occupied a corner room in the back of the hotel w/2 queen beds and 2 sinks - ample for two women (who love to shop and sightsee). The rooftop was "tops". The breakfast was simple and yummy with a variety of choices. The "happy hour" was more than we expected; plently of wine, cheese and an assortment of platters. It's a fun place for two sisters on a respite from their daily lives. Now I can't wait to go back with my husband!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2004

I arrived in Savannah on a busy weekend. The B&B's where I would usually stay were booked. I noticed Planters on the internet and asked the folks at Hamilton-Turner about it. They suggested it might be a great alternative. They were right. I was very pleasantly surprised. No, this is not the Hamilton or Ballastone or Foley. But it was a great room for the money. First and foremost, the location is great. The hotel is right on Reynolds Square just a couple of blocks from the river and from City Market. Second, the price is right! The Kehoe had wanted $330 for its last king room (and it only had a shower). The Planters Inn offered me several options starting at $129 for a queen room. I splurged and spent $179 for a corner room overlooking the square. The room was nicely decorated, more like a B&B instead of a hotel. It was light and bright and very clean. I was quite pleased. I was also pleased with the service provided by the hotel. You have to pay for parking ($7) in the gargage next door.. but the hotel provided a complimentary valet service. When I needed something from my car, the hotel clerk walked with me rather than hand me the keys.. chatting and offering me ideas on things to do in Savannah.. and then brought my bag back to the hotel for me so that I could stroll around the area. I was very pleased. Now the Planters does need to work on its complimentary breakfast... but that's about it. I'd recommend the Planters as a great alternative to the high prices of the area's B&B's..

5  Thank DCFrequentFlier
C T, WV
Reviewed May 11, 2004

rooms are small & overpriced for services offered. If you have to stay in the historic district try another Inn or bed & breakfast. I will the next time I go. The wine & cheese in the afternoon was rather mundane, nothing new to taste, but a good mid-priced red & white. Remember the weather, May was already too hot and humid for me. Be sure your room hvac is set to either heat or ac this has to be done by the maintenance department. All 4 poster beds, seems to be a selling point, not if the posts are broken and leaning one way or another. spartan furniture because of the size of the room, it seemed as if the furniture was just placed in the room with no consideration for functionality or decor.

Reviewed April 19, 2004

My husband and I loved our stay at the Planters Inn. The hotel staff was very helpful. The room was beautiful. The view from our room was breath taking. The mattress was like sleeping on a cloud. When we go to Savannah to visit again this will be the place we will stay.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 29, 2004

Disappointed in our New Year's stay at the Planter's Inn. The room was small, sparsely furnished, and the drapes were dirty....Bathroom was small and cramped. Elevator didn't work properly. Front staff somewhat impersonal, and we had to eat breakfast in the lobby with no tables!
This place needs a facelift and was overpriced for the room we got.
Location was good, but shop around.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member