I arrived in Savannah on a busy weekend. The B&B's where I would usually stay were booked. I noticed Planters on the internet and asked the folks at Hamilton-Turner about it. They suggested it might be a great alternative. They were right. I was very pleasantly surprised. No, this is not the Hamilton or Ballastone or Foley. But it was a great room for the money. First and foremost, the location is great. The hotel is right on Reynolds Square just a couple of blocks from the river and from City Market. Second, the price is right! The Kehoe had wanted $330 for its last king room (and it only had a shower). The Planters Inn offered me several options starting at $129 for a queen room. I splurged and spent $179 for a corner room overlooking the square. The room was nicely decorated, more like a B&B instead of a hotel. It was light and bright and very clean. I was quite pleased. I was also pleased with the service provided by the hotel. You have to pay for parking ($7) in the gargage next door.. but the hotel provided a complimentary valet service. When I needed something from my car, the hotel clerk walked with me rather than hand me the keys.. chatting and offering me ideas on things to do in Savannah.. and then brought my bag back to the hotel for me so that I could stroll around the area. I was very pleased. Now the Planters does need to work on its complimentary breakfast... but that's about it. I'd recommend the Planters as a great alternative to the high prices of the area's B&B's..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square