The Planters Inn has been through a lot of refurbishments over the years – my wife compared it very favourably to a stay she had 30 years ago! But the building (and the location in the historic downtown preservation area) limit what can be done. The building footprint is very cramped and that is reflected on the inside. The foyer/reception area is comfortably furnished, but when guests turn up for complimentary wine and cheese in the afternoon, available chairs are at a premium. There is no convenient place in the foyer for the luggage trolley and the breakfast room on the mezzanine floor is cramped.
The rooms are well furnished and carefully maintained, but more cramped than a more modern hotel (with no space to put away suitcases). Our room looked out onto a parking garage, but this location is the middle of a bustling city – and it was a quiet place in spite of that.
The extremely busy breakfast room offered a fairly typical hotel buffet with a limited selection. I assume that there is inadequate kitchen space for anything more adventurous. If you are picky about your breakfast, I recommend going round the corner to Henry’s.
To compensate for the tight squeeze – the staff are very friendly and helpful. Valet parking is efficient and speedy. There is a real ambiance and character about the place. We certainly enjoyed our stay in Savannah at the Planters Inn over Christmas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square