Planters Inn
East Bay Inn(Savannah)
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
  • Pool
2,924 results
All reviewsreynolds squarewine and cheeseparking garagegreat locationpink house next doorhistoric districthouse restaurantfour posterwithin walking distancethe rivereach eveningcontinental breakfastwarm cookiessouthern hospitalitybottle of champagneturn down servicetwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Planters Inn in Savannah. I can honestly say, it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The service is superb and the employees go out of their way to take care of every guest. It might just be a southern thing, but everyone was so nice and friendly and I felt like I was one of the family. Karen, the concierge, was helpful and knowledgeable about things to see and places to eat. She is well known in the hospitality industry in Savannah because with one phone call, she can get you the best table at the best restaurant in Savannah. I appreciated all the help she gave me while I was staying there. Matt, Tom, Hunter and the rest of the staff took care of everything for me and all I did was enjoy myself. Thanks to Marc, the general manager, for making his hotel the best. I will see them again really soon as I have already booked for Christmas!!

Room Tip: If you need two beds, ask for a corner room. They are big and bright. Also you have a much better skyline view if you are higher up.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The rooms here are very comfortable, the front desk is super-helpful and friendly, valet service is convenient and also friendly, and it's an easy walk to Bay Street and River Street. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room with a view of the square.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Planters Inn was a step up for us, we don't usually spend extra money on a hotel, but for a short two night stay we decided to splurg a little. The Planters Inn is a relatively small boutique hotel with lots of character and very personal service. We used the valet service to park and never needed our car for the whole stay, since Planters is in such a perfect central location. We reserved the least expensive room which was supposed to have two twin beds and we weren't sure what it would be like - well, it actually had two queen sized four poster beds and was beautifully decorated. There was a late afternoon wine and cheese happpy hour and in the morning a very good hot breakfast, both included. All in all we were very please with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I considered many places to stay during recent trip to Savannah and had decided to stay at the Planters Inn on Reynolds Square based on prior reviews. I was not disappointed. The room was lovely with period furniture, but bathroom was updated for convenience. I spent a bit extra on the room with balcony looking out over Reynolds Square and was glad I did. I was a great place to relax after spending the day exploring the city and after we returned from dinner at night! The wine and cheese gathering during the week was a nice touch and the concierge the Inn provides is very helpful. The Inn is in a great location and you are able to walk everywhere within the historic district. I would not hesitate to stay at the Planters Inn again! Oh, and the hospitality of the staff was darn near perfection!

Room Tip: Highly suggest spending a little extra and go with the balcony room. You will love it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was down in Savannah doing a little fact finding as I am slowly preparing fro my son's June wedding in this beautiful city on the coast of Georgia. As I was just going down for two nights and taking a life long friend who is going to do the flowers, I thought a nice treat would be staying at the Planters Inn. I have stayed at the Planters Inn in Charleston, equally as expensive but there I felt as if I'd gotten my money's worth, here, not so much.
I opted to book one of two rooms which share a very tiny balcony over looking the beautiful Reynolds Square. The door to the balcony was not working properly and if not bolted to the floor latch, would swing violently open crashing into the porch furniture--luckily we were not in harms way the several times it swung open. Also lucky for us, our "neighbors" never ventured out on their half of the balcony---let's just say you'd become very good friends with any neighbors as this balcony is very tiny...and appears to be the only balcony at the property.
The property does not have any king size beds, just queens and twins. Check in was seamless. The valet unloaded the car and helped us up to our 5th floor room. We asked if there was not a mini fridge as my friend had some meds which needed to be kept cold. The valet brought us a fridge free of charge as well as a fan which proved necessary as the AC never really cooled the room off adequately at night. The hall was an icebox, the rooms not so much. Valet parking is $14 a day.
There is a complimentary wine and cheese each afternoon offering an average selection of wines with the whites being almost room temp. I heard a patron as the server, who was also acting concierge, about the choices of which she replied she did not know anything about wine as she merely drank beer. She also went out of her way to introduce her services to the other guests, all but for us, but perhaps we appeared as though we were on a mission.
There was mildew in the bathroom around the tub and on the ceiling directly over the shower. Other than that, the room was relatively clean.
There was an included breakfast bar which had a selection of fruit, cereal, hot grits with cheese, pastries that were melting in a overtly hot steamer, and very cold hard boiled eggs. Had I been staying with my husband, I know he would have opted to go out to eat for breakfast, preferring a freshly cooked breakfast fare.
Only one of the two elevators was working.
The property is in a very lovely location, within easy walking distance throughout the historic district. The Olde Pink House and Tavern sits next door, and is a nice place for lunch, dinner or a nice evening sitting in the piano bar down in the basement. For dinning reservations are a must and the piano bar fills very early, very quickly.
The final bill was $528 for two nights---I don't mind paying good money for something that I feel warrants the expense---but for that amount I would have expected a bit more. I have stayed at many nice boutique hotels both in Europe and the States but there is nothing "special" that separates this hotel from some of the larger chains. I am booking a room at the Bohemian for my son and his future wife for their honeymoon.

Room Tip: If your really want a balcony, there is but one on the property--and you will pay for it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends