Planters Inn
East Bay Inn(Savannah)
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
  • Pool
2,924 results
All reviewsreynolds squarewine and cheeseparking garagegreat locationpink house next doorhistoric districthouse restaurantfour posterwithin walking distancethe rivereach eveningcontinental breakfastwarm cookiessouthern hospitalitybottle of champagneturn down servicetwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Everyone was so helpful and willing to help to make our stay the best posible. The wine reception in the lobby the first night was wonderful. We had dinner at the Pink House and had left our umbrella in the car, it was raining very hard the bell hop went out to the car and retreived our umbrella and rain gear so we would not get wet walking next door to our dinner reservations. The breakfast was wonderful. Overall it was a very nice place to stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is a keeper. Clean, attractive, excellent location within walking distance of all downtown attractions & restaurants. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and will go out of my way to stay there again. The evening wine reception and morning breakfast both very nice. I do wish there was an ice machine available to guests so that getting ice did not involve calling the desk and having it delivered, but do understand that there are space limitations in an older inn. It was raining for our stay and of course I had left my umbrella in the car - the front desk had loaners available for the guests and this was very appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank June G
Reviewed August 21, 2013

For a return visit to lovely Savannah after several years we chose the Planters Inn on Reynolds Square. So happy we did. Excellent location, easy walking distance to Bay Street, City Market, and other sights in the historic district. Located on lovely Reynolds Square where it was so pleasant to sit on a park bench in the evening after dinner listening to a classical violinist play beneath the statue of John Wesley. The staff at the Planters Inn were all very friendly and helpful, especially Sam, one of the bellmen. The rooms were quiet and clean, comfortably furnished. Some nice touches: it was so nice after a hot, steamy (it was August in Savannah after all) walk around the city to come into the hotel and enjoy a cup of cold lime/lemon/strawberry-flavored water in the lobby; wine and cheese also served in the lobby late afternoon and warm cookies in the evening. It would be nice to have a breakfast room with windows; it felt a little claustrophobic and food offerings were just ordinary, nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kwm_11
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I shared a couple of nights at the Planter's Inn on our first visit to Savannah. We'll stay no other place...and I'm not easily impressed. The Inn really enhanced our vacation to this wonderful town...we are planning a return visit during the Winter.

Room Tip: Staying here you don't need a car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dkw2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I spent six nights in Savannah celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, so accommodation selection was very important, and I heavily researched hotels and B&Bs. I chose Planters Inn for its character, location, and value and it met or exceeded all expectations. I spoke to Denise by phone after booking online to discuss my room preferences, and when we arrived we were in just the room I'd hoped, complete with a congratulatory bottle of champagne to acknowledge our special occasion. The room was spacious and well-appointed, the bed was comfortable, the towels were good quality, the view was great (five big windows in the corner rooms!). Our next door neighbors played their TV loudly all the time which was audible only from the hallway; inside our room we couldn't hear it at all - there was no noise between rooms, which we really appreciated. The breakfast was sufficient for us; we ate it each day, which saved money. The warm cookies in the lobby each evening were a treat. We parked on the street and spent a total of $12 during our stay. Buy passes at 100 E. Bryan St. (right there on Reynolds Square) for $12/2-days or $7/1-day. Weekend and eve/night parking on the street is free. We bought a 2-day pass for Wed-Th and left the car parked, went to Tybee on Fri, then the weekend was free to leave the car parked again. We walked everywhere we wanted to go in Savannah from the Inn - the location is fantastic. If you decide to drive, the passes are good wherever you park. (Just watch for street sweeping times!) The Planters Inn was a fabulous romantic, private getaway - everything we'd wished for. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We loved our 6th floor corner (Parkview) room - large with lots of windows, nice views and quiet. Still some street noise on Friday night, but we weren't generally bothered; the horses clip-clopping by (pulling carriages) were pleasant to hear.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple