3,040 results
All reviewsreynolds squarewine and cheeseparking garagegreat locationpink house next doorhistoric districthouse restaurantfour posterthe riverwithin walking distancecontinental breakfasteach eveningwarm cookiesice bucketturn down servicesouthern hospitalitybottle of champagne
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel was nice and the location was good, but the photos fool you. You have no idea it is surrounded by parking garages until you get there. I chose this hotel for a number of reasons one being their social hour. Wine and cheese was good except there are limited seats so the lobby trashcan became our table for our wine glasses..
I made a reservation under my name back in February for two rooms for two nights. Why would they think we didn't want to be located close to each other?? Our traveling companions were on one floor and we were put on another, so we couldn't even visit and then the social hour had no place to visit either.
The concierge was OK as long as she was sure you were going to leave a Tip on the pile of money she had out in plain site. I've traveled enough to know who and how I should tip.
Shower curtian liner had a big rip down the middle. Breakfast plates the size of saucers.
Spoke with the General Manager after arriving home and that was a waste .

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Diane F
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was charming with an awesome location. Good breakfast in the morning. My only complaint was the plates could of been larger (may be a Southern thing)...and this is my only complaint!! They did have wine and cheese in the evening, but I'm a beer man so I didn't participate. River Street is only 1-1/2 blocks away and Leopolds Ice Cream (a must!!!) is a little over a block away, All the employees are extremely helpful suggestions. This hotel can't be beat based on the price and location. The biggest surprise I have had with any hotel!! Highest recommendation!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Planters Inn and highly recommend it. We had the Romance package which included champagne (or wine) on arrival, a dozen red roses in our room and a private carriage ride. Our carriage ride was not only enjoyable, but our driver (Ashley) was most informative. The staff was always helpful with questions or requests, and the social hours in the lobby relaxing and fun; we especially liked the pianist.

3  Thank Harry T
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The inn is in a central location in the historical area so we could walk everywere. Very nice rooms
and the service was great. Continental breakfast and also had free wine and chease at 5.00. All the employees helped us find the different locations and attractions and went out of their way to serve us. Will stay at Planters Inn again,
We stayed 5 nights this time.

2  Thank Brad B
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The location was amazing. We were five minuted from the river walk. Ten minutes from both parks. The front desk was very helpful but they could have been more friendly. On the other hand, the bell hop and valet were all amazing. Such an amazing group of guys.
We had the queen room, and although it was the smallest room in the hotel it was very spacious and roomy as was the bathroom and closet. I am so impressed with this hotel, we will definitly stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank Beata P