This hotel is worth a visit and belongs in the top 10 list of Savannah hotels. My wife and I wanted to spend a night at a local hotel and experience true Savannah culture and history. This hotel did not disappoint. A friendly greeting by the front desk and Bellman (Tom)' was followed by great service to a clean room, where Tom graciously retrieved a forgotten item from our car and always asked if he could assist us further. Our room overlooked the park, which was very nice especially at night (construction is in progress in the park which is noisy during the week days only). The room had a very nice and stylish antique decor, reading area with two chairs, very nice furniture, and spacious bathroom with marble countertops. The only issue with the bathroom was the ceiling in the shower had an unfinished spackling spot about 1ft x 3in where putty was applied but it had not been sanded or reprinted. The shower worked great. The hotel is nicely located right around the corner from Leopold's Famous ice cream parlor (well worth the visit), and Broughton street with shoppes, theaters, coffee shops, and popular clothing stores within a 1-3 block walking distance. We rounded out the evening with a 1hr horse and carriage ride around the city--we'll worth the experience--and returned to the hotel to be greeted by Tom the friendly bellman. Overnight the room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning we checked out and was handled extremely well by Sam, another bellman who carried all of our bags, retrieved our car, and carefully placed our belongings in the car. Other than the bathroom ceiling, this place is worthy of a stay when in Savannah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square