My fiancee and I stayed at the Planters Inn this past Veterans Day weekend to celebrate our engagement. The Inn was beautiful and well kept. We loved the wine and cheese reception on the first night and the continental breakfast in the mornings. The turn down service was a nice touch as well. I believe we were placed in a room for guests with disabilites however this didn't bother us. This made the size of the room very spacious and we could overlook the added bars in the tub. The staff was warm and friendly from the minute we arrived with the bellman/valet, through checkout (with the exception of the gentleman who checked us in who seemed liked he was just "going through the motions" with us and got us out of the way quickly. The ladies who maintained the breakfast in the mornings showed true southern hospitality.
My only complaint (and you'll find this in other reviews) was the noise from the parking garage. Although we were blocks away from river street, after the bars closed for the evening around 3:30am, we could hear street racing along the side of the building, followed by several cars blaring their car horns for fun, and the bellman on the street yelling at them. I know there isn't much the inn can do about it, but that was the only major complaint about our stay. We were on the 4th floor.
For location (minus the parking garage), great service and a clean comfortable room, I would visit the Planters Inn on Reynolds Square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square