3,037 results
All reviewsreynolds squarewine and cheeseparking garagegreat locationpink house next doorhistoric districthouse restaurantfour posterthe riverwithin walking distancecontinental breakfasteach eveningwarm cookiesice bucketturn down servicesouthern hospitalitybottle of champagne
Reviewed November 8, 2012

November 8, 2012

Dear Marc,

Thank you for responding to my request so quickly, I do appreciate it.

Please pass along to your Owner/Manager my highest regards for his Inn and, more importantly, his people. I had been with your Inn from Friday, October 26th, with my best friend from Texas, and we had both intended to depart on Monday, October 29th (which she was able to do). However, because of Hurricane Sandy, all the flights to the Northeast (Boston, MA was mine) were cancelled. Acacia (not sure of spelling) at the front desk was most helpful in getting me a smaller room for another evening very quickly. Tom (Doorman & all-around go-to person) also put in place an airport taxi to get me to the Savannah airport on Tuesday...even though he wouldn't be working on that date! With all this in place, it enabled me to have another delightful day walking and seeing more of your beautiful city.

I do want you to know that I will promote your Inn to all my family and friends who are planning on going to Savannah...I also hope to be back again in the near future.

Again, THANK YOU for all your help and assistance.

Best regards,
Judy S. (Boston MA area)

PS: Thoroughly enjoyed the daily Wine & Cheese Happy Hour, especially with being able to relax and chat with some other patrons, listening to the piano player who was also very helpful in leading us to a few places of interest...please pass along my best wishes to both from me.

Room Tip: The 2 rooms I were in had multiple windows, quiet A/C and were quite well appointed...one on 7th floor & the other on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Planters Inn in Savannah has a problem with theft. On a recent stay (10/2/2012), I used their valet parking service. My car was broken into, ransacked, and personal items were stolen, including a lap-top computer, GPS, and cell phone. The car showed no signs of forced entry and the alarm never went off, and so I conclude that it was either deliberately or carelessly left unlocked. This was apparently not a rare occurence; the hotel manager told me that I would “probably find my discarded suitcase abandoned somewhere near my car in the garage” (which he did), and the police told me that they “have a problem” with this type of crime. The hotel refunded my room charge but took no responsibility for the theft, even though it was their employee who parked my car and had the key. Because of such negligence, I would discourage anyone from staying at the Planters Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank robtsingleton
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lovely hotel in one of the most beautiful historic districts in the United States. Savannah's squares are each unique and gorgeous. The Planter's Inn is a beautiful gracious hotel with a lot of southern charm in an excellent location. The staff at this hotel are very kind, helpful and gracious. I wanted to leave my car and luggage at the hotel after check-out so I could do a little sightseeing and there was no extra charge. One sleeps like a baby in the luxurious beds. The rooms are meticulously clean. Complimentary breakfast was good. The wine and cheese in the evening was a very nice touch. Last, the valets and bell hops were very nice and went above and beyond the expected.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was just what we had wanted and hoped for. A quaint hotel with local charm and colour. The evening wine and cheese party was a wonderful touch - the hotel was even gracious enough to offer a glass of wine to our friends who were staying at another hotel. The rooms were small but that was expected. The view of the neighbouring parking garage was not great but there was little road noise to disturb our stay. Noise travelled through the walls but the other patrons seemed to realize this too and were respectful. The expanded continental breakfast wasn't that appealing to us so we stuck to simple fare such as cereal and fruit. The location was perfect for us as just about every thing we wanted to do and see was within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent location - easy to get to, close proximity to all the main sights, parking garage right next door. Nestled on the corner of Reynold's Square gives it a romantic European feel. Once inside it is a touch of class mixed with a whole bunch of southern comfort. Service and cleanliness is impeccable, the room decor is what you would expect in a much pricier hotel. The "included" breakfast surpassed our expectations in many ways. The Planters Inn was the crowning jewel of a memorable stay in Savannah.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple