Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$172
$205
$186
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Cotton Sail Hotel(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$259
$313
$251
  • Restaurant
3,016 results
All reviewsreynolds squarewine and cheeseparking garagegreat locationpink house next doorhistoric districthouse restaurantfour posterwithin walking distancethe rivercontinental breakfasteach eveningwarm cookiesice bucketturn down servicesouthern hospitalitybottle of champagne
Reviewed February 5, 2012

The property is beautiful. The interior ambiance is rustic and comfortable. The room itself was very beautiful. However, this hotel overlooks a city multi level parking garage. Most of the rooms are on the side of the garage. This is a college city and a party city. Our weekend stay was very uncomfortable with seemingly intoxicated party goers setting off car alarms in the parking garage, yelling in the streets and shouting that echoed from the parking garage right thru the single pane hung glass windows into the room until 5am Friday & Saturday night. The beds are a bit hard and we found that they left us with a back ache. The room was beautifully decorated and very clean.

Room Tip: Dont book a hotel property in Savannah by the city parking garage
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Its a great, pretty, centrally located, friendly, great service, great breakfast hotel.

BUT ask for non parking garage side or interior room. From 12am - 3am on friday night every loud muffler in GA must have left that garage.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I saw this on Expedia for $99 which was one of the lowest prices near River St. so I was skeptical but decided to try it. I walked in to book but was told by a man behind the counter that if I wanted that rate I would have to go book through Expedia which I thought was a little silly so the very first impression was not good. But another employee, Samonia, stepped in and stated that they could book me under the Expedia rate. From there on, everything was great. They offer Valet parking for $13.95 which is also a plus since parking in Savannah is such a challenge. Nice lobby area. Room and bathroom were very nice and clean with a historic feel. Pleasantly surprised. Great value for the $$$

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DonnettaV
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Lovely central location, charming and pleasant service with very helpful reception staff. However the concierge was pushy to settle a tour as soon as people arrived after a long drive and wanted a quiet drink

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Decided to take a trip to check out Savannah when I saw a great price for this hotel on Snique Away. The price that I paid is the only thing keeping my review cordial at the moment. I'm on my last night, and what have been several, rather small, less than awesome customer service incidents are adding up to a whole lot of irritation and me being motivated to write this review.

I find Savannah overall to be very charming. The physical hotel fits the character of the town. The style is a little too old and stuffy for me, and the room reminds me of staying in somebody's grandmother's home, but it's clean and reasonably spacious so I can't complain. And, the primary clientele seems to be of retirement age, so the decor seems to fit. There are some nice touches that hint at class and luxury but unfortunately their staff doesn't follow through on that.

My problems have nothing to do with decor or with their features. It is with the complete lack of interest and follow through of the staff.

#1- it had been quite chilly at night here- 30's and 40's. The first night I called down to the desk to find out what was wrong with our heat as it was blowing freezing cold air- I was told a bellman would be sent up. Waited an hour- no one ever came. It was a long, very cold night. Second day, went down to the desk to request someone turn the heat on in my room while we were gone for the day (the housekeeper told me it would have to be switched in the vent)- the desk person assured me it would be taken care of. No again. I gave up.

2. Third day, left for a day trip around 12:30 pm. Took the do not disturb off the door. Never serviced. Even passed by the housekeeping staff as we left so I was sure they would make it back to our room. Nope.

3. Third night, internet stops working. We call down to the desk and are told that they "haven't heard anything about that". Um, aren't we telling you about it now? How about, "thanks for letting me know, I'll look into that as soon as possible"??? Second call down we are told to call the help desk.

4. Parking option(s)- only offered valet at check-in (I thought there was supposed to be self parking as well?) expensive and super slow. Valet seems to be woefully understaffed for the busy times or maybe any time now that I think of it. Arrived at night and no one was around to assist with luggage.

Overall, I've found staff to be less than welcoming and way less kind and helpful than they could be.

I'll admit, living in Atlanta may have spoiled me for good service and southern hospitality, but my advice to the Planters Inn would be to try harder. You have a nice property even if it is not my taste. You have chosen to offer nice bath products, a hot breakfast, wine and cheese receptions, turn-down service. You are going through the motions of trying to be a luxury boutique hotel but you are not living it- your employees are letting you down. Great service could make you great, but instead, you are mediocre in my book.

• Stayed: January 2012