3,378 results
All reviews quiche wine and cheese historic hotel local historian civil war broughton street claw foot tub wood floors modern amenities within walking distance southern hospitality fourth floor balcony room rooms are small valet parking high ceilings location was perfect
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I spent last week at The Marshall House as a substitute for a planned week-long trip down the coast from the Outer Banks which was disrupted by Hurricane Florence. Great location for this historic and restored hotel— on Broughton Street in the Historic District — if you want to be minutes from stores, restaurants, and the river. Talk south away from the river toward Forsyth Park to explore beautiful residential streets, great period architecture, and discover local coffee shops and restaurants. Exceptional service and genuine friendliness from EVERY member of the staff from the front desk, to bellmen, and dining. Iced bottles of water waiting for you as you leave the lobby for Charleston’s summer heat and humidity. Avoid rooms on the front of the hotel if you dislike street noise which, however, can add to ambiance. Twice weekly gatherings with complimentary wine and cheese in the library from 530-700 for the history of the hotel and Savannah and twice weekly with Kristin King, a truly talented and personable harpist who’ll play classical selections and take contemporary requests. There are more serene accommodations a little farther from the river among the many squares and historic homes… and more contemporary hotels nearer the river. But ours was a choice well made.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KYNomad
SAV_HISTORIC_INN, Manager at The Marshall House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

KYNomad,

Wow, such wonderful review! We appreciate the time you took to let other readers know about your experience with us. I am glad you stayed safe during the weather and did not get caught in the midst of it. We love the entertainment we have here in the evenings with Mike, Hugh and Kristin, it adds a personal touch a lot of other hotels do not have. I am glad that you choose us and found the location to be wonderful.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A beautifully restored hotel with fabulous staff. The wine and cheese reception in the evening is a wonderful bonus! I can recommend the rooms on 2nd floor with access to the balcony - no better place to step back in time and relax!

Room Tip: 2nd floor - you get a shared balcony!
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank wegYorkshire

WegYorkshire,

Thank you for staying with us and spending your vacation with us. The Broughton Balcony rooms are beautiful rooms to be in, and the balcony is nice to enjoy a drink or two outside and relax. I am glad you were able to join for the wine and cheese social.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Rather than picking, I more or less stumbled on this one thanks to TA. What a great historic hotel! Afternoon wine and cheese along with a history lecture topped of an already good day and here you are within easy walking of most of the historic sites and parks. Each floor is decorated with information from different times in Savannah’s history. I’d definitely stay again. The Staff was very helpful and friendly

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judim59

Judim59,

Thank you so much for the review and the kind words on our hotel. I am glad the staff was helpful in being a part of your relaxing vacation with us. We have such beautiful squares and shopping within a short distance walk from where we are located. The wine and cheese is a great way to start the evening before heading out to explore Savannah.

Hope to see you again,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I added an overnight trip on our way back to Atlanta from Florida. I chose this hotel because of it’s historic nature and physical location. We arrived with our six and four year old children and I think I was a little nervous as the hotel is nice and I did not want my young children to impede the other guests’ stats. In short, the hotel was great, it was fun for my children (they loved the lemonade, checkers/chess, and violinist in the common area), breakfast was the best hotel buffet breakfast I have had, the rooms were clean, and staff professional and friendly.

Simply put, I would be happy to return to this fine hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew L

Dear Andrew L,

I am glad to hear you and your family had a nice time during your overnight stay. I am excited to hear that your kids had a wonderful time with the games, drinks and music in the lobby area. We have entertainment 6 days a week in the library along with wine and cheese, which I hope you were able to enjoy as well. The breakfast staff go above and beyond to put together a delightful breakfast and make the setting in the atrium comfortable. The wonderful staff welcomes you back anytime!

Stephanie Fielder/Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are in Savannah a lot because of our daughters attending SCAD. For my daughter's last night in the city she choose to stay at Marshall House because she loves the spooky history of the city. The hotel is well maintained and easy to find. Make sure to walk all the hallways and read all the great history of the hotel.

Room Tip: we got a better rate by calling the front desk versus the website
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy W
SAV_HISTORIC_INN, General Manager at The Marshall House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Cindy! We love our SCAD students and parents. The city is not nearly the same when school is out of session. We hope to see you back soon! Happy Travels, Hugh / GM