“Love this historic hotel!”
Review of The Marshall House

The Marshall House
Ranked #5 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here with friends and had the best time. Savannah is an awesome place to visit and we treasure each trip there. Savannah is one of my favorite places to "Getaway". The Marshall house is beautiful, historic and haunted! Sadly, we did not experience a haunting but hope to at some point in the future. :) The hotel rooms are a bit small but beautiful and comfortable. A class act all the way!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeAgainFolks
Write a ReviewReviews (2,961)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

The accomodations at the Marshall House during our recent stay there were wonderful. This old hotel is updated just enough to make it very comfortable yet retaining the old charm. The staff all went out of their way to be sure we were well taken care of and had everything we needed. The location in the downtown area is perfect and within walking distance of anywhere you might want to go during your stay. Definitely a 5 star stay!!! AND do not forget the fabulous breakfast and dinners you can have at 45 Bistro located on the premises. This is a real perk of this hotel!!!

Room Tip: We loved our room facing Broughton as we felt we were right in the action.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have stayed at this property multiple times. First I came for business, and immediately, I rebooked a trip to bring the family. The provenance of the House itself is exciting. The restoration is beautiful. The location leaves everything in historic downtown Savannah within walking distance. The staff is amazing. I can confidently say I have never experienced more helpful and knowledgeable staff. I will be returning as soon as possible!

Room Tip: As for a room with a tub - big beautiful claw foot tubs are so relaxing!
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My son and his family and I stayed at the Marshall House for the wedding of my niece Megan. We are originally from Savannah, so for us coming home was very important. We were very familiar with the downtown area and enjoyed revisiting many of our favorite spots. And the wedding reception was beyond our expectations. Everything was so beautiful and tastefully done. The food was wonderful.
We enjoyed everything about our stay: a courteous and helpful staff, wonderful valets to take care of our car, great room service, all enhancing an extraordinary downtown location.
I would definitely stay there on another trip home. It is a wonderful hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Awesome stay. EVERYONE was extremely friendly. We would go back for sure and take friends with us. Only thing, we would request a room on the second floor for the veranda. Loved it :) We did not find it haunted but we heard a few noises probably the wood floors. :) Go and enjoy.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank dexter523
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Marshall House with another couple for 3 nights during the St. Patrick's Day festivities. The location was perfect: close to shopping, dining and all the beautiful architecture of the historic district of downtown Savannah. Once your car is parked, you will enjoy walking everywhere in this beautiful city. The hotel was everything we hoped for and more. The staff are so welcoming and helpful and I can't say enough about Charles and Joseph at the front desk. Our rooms were lovely, the complimentary breakfasts were delicious, and it was a nice perk to have complimentary bottled water delivered to our rooms each day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donna L
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Checked into room 405 with husband and 5 year old for two nights. Marshall House is in the perfect location near the river and within the historic district, close to shops such as Paris and Kate Spade and many great restaurants. We were drawn to the history and southern charm of this hotel from the 1850's. Our room was small but beautifully furnished and comfortable. Breakfast was in the lovely glass atrium that truly felt like old Savannah. When we checked in, the painting of the original owner, Mary Marshall, seemed to be sizing me up with a penetrating stare. When I asked about it, the friendly front desk provided me with several pages of the hotel's history as well as several pages of ghost stories! As I stayed up late reading, I heard many strange noises in the hallway outside, such as a woman walking on a wood floor and a baby crying which coincided with the stories. I was too afraid to open the door to see if anyone was actually there. I would stay there again, as the room felt welcoming....

Room Tip: The 4th floor apparently has had the most paranormal activity.
1  Thank Anne_B655