The Marshall House
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
  • Pool
3,084 results
All reviewsquichewine and cheesehistoric hotellocal historiancivil warbroughton streetclaw foot tubwood floorsmodern amenitieswithin walking distancesouthern hospitalityfourth floorrooms are smallbalcony roomvalet parkinghigh ceilingslocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went to Savannah after photographing a wedding in Charleston. Being by myself, I wanted something cozy, hospitable, walker-friendly and conducive to meeting other travelers. The Marshall House did not disappoint in the slightest.

I stayed in a Petite Queen room, which is indeed quite small, but very well appointed for one or two people without scads of luggage. The bathroom shower was acceptable, there were plenty of towels, and the robes are a delight. The bed was very, very comfy and I slept very well. The wifi was decent, and I was able to watch Netflix without too much slow-down.

I very much enjoyed the wine/cheese hour and met some lovely people also staying at the B&B. The breakfast is fairly limited, but as advertised--quiche, cereals, pastries, oatmeal, juices, fruits, yogurt, coffee. Absolutely fine for a basic breakfast. Clary's and other marvelous breakfast joints are nearby, so if you're in the mood for something more grand, take a walk for your morning nibbles.

I used valet parking ($15/night), but there is also self-park. All the staff is quite friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The Petite Queen room is good for one or two people with a couple of pieces of luggage.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were recommend this place to stay. I heard it was haunted and was really excited about our visit and stay at this beautiful place. All staff was friendly. Had no visits from the other side though. Was really hoping. Worth the price to stay in such a historic building. They said that the third and fourth floors have the most activity.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third or fourth floor and hopefully you will get a visitor. The breakfast was excellent in the morning and is included in your stay.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

A generally pleasurable experience. My wife & I spent 4 nights here being in Savannah for our son's graduation. The location is excellent & the staff is friendly and professional. The only low note was getting our car from valet. Several times there seemed to be confusion as to who, if anyone, was sent to get the car. It is in a public parking facility on a side street. At $15 per day, I would have hoped it would have been smoother & less noticeable. Internet connectivity was not the best; seemed slow &, at times, intermittent, but we were at the far end of the hallway & that could have been the reason. The room was clean & the hospitality staff was excellent.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Marshall House several times now and have enjoyed it. It is not like some of the grand inns of Savannah; however it has a certain character about it. Historically...it was the first hotel built in Savannah. It has been done over several times now, and it a mix of the old and new. It is conviently located and the staff is very friendly and helpful. If planning a trip to Savannah, I reccomend you bring a bike. It is the best way to get around and the hotel is real accomodating to store it for you.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed for four nights in this historic inn. It has been meticulously restored, and the decorations are traditional yet not boring. I enjoyed all of the historic memorabilia, including framed historic prints and costumes from the era. The staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions about the area. The location is very central to the downtown and historic areas. I would definitely stay there again.