“great experience”

The Marshall House
Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“great experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

we had a great time at the Marshal house. The staff seemed to truly enjoy their job and were great. They made it easy to hang around the front room. Savannah is a great city and this is a great location from which to explore.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank NicaRider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
Antony, France
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is really a charming hotel which has a “different” style. It has a lot of character, warm and nice atmosphere. The service is of very good quality, starting with the valet parking and including the complete staff. The rooms are clean, they are furnished in an old fashion style, but very comfortable. The welcome drink (wine and cheese) was also highly appreciated. I stayed only one night at the Marshal House, it made my stay in Savannah very enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank patrick f
Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you want a great, clean, historic inn this is for you. The staff is very generous. The rooms are clean, historic with beautiful hardwood floors and furnishings. The rooms also have the best of modern technology with flat screeen tvs, and wi-fi. It's a modern romantic place! Enjoy

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I arrived with my Mom on a Sunday evening and the only negative I have is that there was no one at valet and the young lady working at reception had not a clue what to do with my car. Luckily the Conceirge was also present and as soon as he hung up, he asked for my keys, gave me a claim ticket and made sure to document any damage. My first 2 keys did not work and when I ran down to exchange them, she did tell me to call from the house phone if the new ones did not work and she would send somone up. Sure enough, they did not work and true to her word, she sent an employee up with new keys within a minute or two, literally. The 3rd set worked.

That was the end of any inconveniences we encountered. The Room, 208 (double queen) was very spacious, clean and inviting. The beds were comfortable, with an abundance of pillows and comfy bedding.The windows in our room overlooked what is now an interior courtyard. This is not usually my favorite location due to noise but there was none. The bathroom was clean and spacious and well appointed as well.

The Marhsall House offers a wine and cheese happy hour from 5:30 - 7:00 every evening. Both nights it was well attended and we struck up a conversation with a couple of other guests and met some new people which was nice. The wine and cheese were pretty basic, as you might expect for complimentary, but the atmosphere in the lounge was excellent.

Complimentary continental breakfast is also offered every morning and the it was quite nice for complimentary and continental. The offerings included: toast, bagels, 2 types of quiche, biscuits, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal assortment, muffins and pasteries, apple and orange juice and coffee. The courtyard that our room overlooked is where breakfast is served and it also was a very nice atmosphere.

The Marshall House itself is a beautiful property, with its history evident everywhere: original floors, and original guestroom doors. It has a long and interesting history, having just been restored in 1999 after nearly 50 years of being boarded up. We took a ghost tour and The Marshall House was on it, but sadly we had no enounters;)

We booked the ghost tour through the concierge, who was incredibly helfpul. This was a pleasant surprise as I had emailed the concierge prior to our visit and did not receive a reply.

The location of the hotel is perfect. You are literally within walking distance of everything. I will have hard time trying any where else in Savannah after our stay here.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms have windows that open on the 2nd floor balcony, so make sure you request this feat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Great old hotel in the middle of the historic district. Easy walk to the river front and a number of restaurants and pubs. Beautiful lobby/sitting area. The continental breakfast is good. Highly recommend.

Armondo, member of the bell staff, was great. He remembered our names throughout the week and was always pleasant when he saw us. He was also the first impression for the hotel greeting us when we arrived and he did the hotel justice! Proved to be a valuable resource.

• Stayed November 2012
chicago
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I are in our mid 60's and travel frequently. We are not hard to please but we do recognize quality. In all of our travels I must say that our stay at the Marshall House goes to the top of the list. The hotel staff without a doubt were the most pleasant and attentive we have ever experienced. Southern hospitality at it's best. Our room although a bit small was very comfortable.The bed and bedding were extremely confortable. The lounge area off the lobby was the perfect place to rest and read a newspaper. In fact I found it so relaxing that I briefly fell asleep one afternoon in one of the chairs. The fresh lemonade all day long was also a nice touch.
Breakfast each day was good and lots of items to choose from. The complimentary wine and cheese each evening was just great before stepping out for the evening. The location couldn't be better. Within walking distance to anywhere in the historic district. In the five days we stayed never once did we use our car. To sum it all up we had a outstanding stay at a outstanding hotel. And once again I just can't say enough good things about the hotel staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I looked at a lot of B&B's before going to Savannah. The Marshall House was recommended by three people. It is a great location and has a lot of character. The staff was outstanding in making our a stay a pleasant one. The rooms are small but clean. The size of the room did not bother me since I did not go to Savannah to sit in my room. Breakfast was great and the wine & cheese reception was a nice touch. When I go back I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends