Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
$131
$108
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$133
$116
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$143
$125
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

Cotton Sail Hotel(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$159
$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$80
$61
The DeSoto(Savannah)
$169
$135
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Planters Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$149
$116
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$146
$139
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

3,292 results
All reviewsquichewine and cheesehistoric hotellocal historiancivil warbroughton streetclaw foot tubwood floorsmodern amenitieswithin walking distancesouthern hospitalityfourth floorbalcony roomrooms are smallvalet parkinghigh ceilingslocation was perfect
Reviewed November 27, 2007

We recently visited Savannah, the worlds " most haunted city" to hopefully catch some photos of some other-wordly existence. I had read up extensively on Marshall House and its history, so we decided this was the perfect place to stay. We weren't disappointed!

Upon checking in, you immediately notice that this place has some great character. From its hardwood floors to the bold colors of the rooms, it felt very warm and inviting.

We were given a room on the 4th floor, or the "haunted floor" as it was referred to. Our room was 420 (although we heard that Rm # 414 was one of the most haunted rooms in the hotel) which was at the very end of the hall on the right. We were pleasantly suprised at the quaint feeling that the little room had. Very simply stated, it was clean and warm with a non-functioning fireplace. The only complaint we had was that the bathroom had no fan (hello- privacy!). But other than that, everything was clean and looked to be in good condition.

The 1st night we were there, we heard so much noise in the hallway that neither one of us slept. It was so late that i never got up to look outside the door, but the constant banging and knocking in the hall made sleeping completely non-existent. I would love to blame this on the people in the next room and the walls being paper thin, however, there was not a room next to us, we were the last room all by ourselves at the end of the hall. When I asked if the hotel had any complaints about the noise on the 400 hall in the wee morning hours (like 3:30-4 am), the front desk said there were no complaints at all. This leads me to believe that maybe this hotel IS indeed one of the most haunted hotels in Savannah. we also captured a ton of orbs in this room when we took pics.. Our trip was awesome and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank badgrl1313
Reviewed November 20, 2007

We had a lovely four night stay at the Marshall House, Nov.4-8th.
The location is great, central to everything. It is a lovely old hotel full of atmosphere and charm. We booked the Inkeepers special rate of 129.00 for a standard room. The room was clean and well maintained daily by the staff. The nighly turn down service was a nice touch and they supply robes for your use during your stay.

It was particularly nice to get back to the hotel every night at 5.30 p.m. for the wine and cheese spread which is put out in the main reception area for the guests sunday through thursday nights.

The complimentary breakfast was fine. There was enough of a variety of foods available, fruit, cereal, yogurt, quiche, bagels, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, water.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. It was a wonderful getaway and we would definitely return.

While I cannot comment on the property being haunted because we didn't encounter any ghosts......I did hear a cat meowing one night.......

Stasz
Levittown, NY

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I booked the Mary Marshall Suite months ahead for our trip to Savannah to take our daughter to college. I booked this room because it had a sleeper sofa and a balcony. The room is nice enough. If you want to go out on the balcony, they give you a small step stool/ladder to climb through the window. There are no doors to the balcony. I was never told about accessibility when booking...just about how great the room is with the balcony. The college kids were fine with this but it limits who can go out on the balcony overlooking Broughton Street. The sleeper sofa is the size of a twin bed in width. It had no sheets or blankets so we had to contact housekeeping for them. They have no twin sheets or blankets and had to borrow a comforter off of a bed in another room in order for me to make the bed (at 10:00 at night). I had asked that the sleeper be made as we would be using it. The breakfast included is an okay buffet. The valet parking is the slowest I have ever encountered. The real problem I had was after returning home, I realized I had left my new silk robe on the back of the bathroom door. I know exactly where I left it. I called the hotel immediately. I also contacted my daughter and asked her to stop by to get my robe. The front desk told me that no robe was turned in. They would look into it and get back with me. This went on for two days. They did not have my robe. I was then leaving for a three week vacation in Europe and on my return, I again conctacted the hotel to see if my robe had been turned in. I have written a letter to the manager about this. I never received a reply from or have never been allowed to speak with the manager. I have called numerous times. No one seems to want to help or is the least bit interested in the fact that someone took that robe off the back door of the bathroom. They told me they know who cleaned the room after my leaving but will do nothing about it. I have never had a problem if I have left something behind. It was always returned promptly! I know it is just a robe but I will never stay in a hotel that has so little regard for their clientele and their personal belongings and so little control over the people who work there. We will be going to Savannah for years to come and I will never stay at the Marshall House again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
12  Thank Tandy B
Reviewed October 29, 2007

My wife and I honeymooned in Savannah and Hilton Head, and decided to stay in The Marshall House while in Savannah. Our decision was based upon a combination of location and reviews of the site. The location is great - you're on the edge of the historic district, and very close to River Street and Market Place. There is a great concentration of historical sights, restaurants, bars and shops all within a few minutes walk.

The Marshall House is a beautifully restored hotel, supposedly the oldest in Savannah. Our room was very nice, though small compared to more modern hotel rooms. My two complaints were: the creaky wooden floors (comes with the territory) and the fact that our room was very close to the elevators, resulting in a lot of early morning "dings". However, these were minor things, and overall we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SGY
Reviewed October 28, 2007

My room was small and overlooked a parking deck. The a/c blew cold air directly on you and the pillows were mushy. (Once I requested different pillows I slept ok.) Additonally I didn't realize until I checked out that I was being charged for local calls and a $2 something charge for an INCOMING long distance call - not kosher. I found the bellmen more hospitable that the front desk. Now for the good: The nightly happy hour and breakfast were a nice touch (the waitstaff were also very nice). There was a nice book with menus from all the good restaurants and bellmen/front desk glady called to make reservations for you.

Stayed: October 2007